13 years old and new to mountain biking Looking for gear

I am looking for a pair of MTB shorts (men’s small), knee pads (small), elbow pads (small) and maybe a pair of MTB biking shoes if good price (flats) (men’s 8-9). I am on a low budget, but will pay a bit more for good deal-quality

Great deals at www.chainreactioncycles.com if you’re patient, but you’ll need a credit card.

MEC brand gear is always an option if you don’t want to pay the price for name brands.

I suggest scouring local second hand stores like Value Village and Salvation Army. It’s rare, but on occasion I’ve found decent quality gear, some mtb-specific even.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple of pairs of baggy shorts that I’ve (ahem) outgrown of the last few years… What’s your waist?

Also, shoes - I’ve a pair of SPD ‘not’ flat shoes that would be your size

FOC, they’re just taking up space in the basement as my feet aren’t going to shrink & beer is good.

Hello Mark (I think)
My waist is 34 inches. Where do you live, are the shorts mountain biking shorts and what is the price?
Thank you for the offer on the shoes, but I ride flats, not clip less (I might be confused on what you have)

Hi,

Yes, the shoes are ‘XC’ shoes, so not your thing.

You can have the shorts, I’ve got a few pairs of baggy shorts that are decent quality.

You’re welcome to them, they’re redundant to me. When I was starting out, I was given plenty of free kit, so I’m paying it forward.

Based in Fall River, but I’m in the city every day

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I am interested in the shorts and very excited about it too! I will not be able to communicate this next week as I will not be home. But will be able to organize a date and time to meet up with you afterwards. I will be back in touch roughly two weeks from tomorrow. Once again, thank you very much!

Hello again M0rk, I am so sorry about the long delay, it’s been busy with all of our projects and homework. If the offer on the shorts is available if so please call or text my mother at 902-222-7193

1 Like

Hello again M0rk, I am so sorry about the long delay, it’s been busy with all of our projects and homework. If the offer on the shorts is available if so please call or text my mother at 902-222-7193