2015 Chromag Rootdown - SOLD!

2015 Chromag Rootdown 29er HT

“I want a bike that is lawless. I want to be able to descend anything I find myself above but I want to get up there with minimum of fuss and maximum speed, which is why I want a 29er. Too many people discredit 29ers as being only for old guys and cross-country racers, but bikes like the Rootdown defy small-minded definition. I’ve tried my hand at all types of mountain biking but after years of searching I realized I just like being out on the trails and that specific categorization is a waste of time. I just want to fly through the woods, feel the loam flick up on my shins, and never have to worry about wiping the grin off my face.”

More info here: Rootdown

Size XL
140mm Rockshox Pike RCT3
Shimano XT M8000 1x11 drivetrain w/ SLX cranks and 30t N/W ring
Sun ringle charger front wheel / Hope Pro 2 evo laced to WTB i25 on rear. Hans Dampf/Nobby Nic tubeless ready.
Raceface Turbine 35mm cockpit. 760mm bars / 50mm stem
Shimano deore brakes with metallic pads and XT rotors

Asking $2500 obo

1 Like

Beauty!

1 Like

Price dropped to $1000.
Will also part bike out now. It’s just sitting since I got my new bike, might as well offload it to someone who might be interested.

140mm pike rct3 29”: $300
Wheels $300
Seatpost: $100
Bar/Stem: $60
Cranks with Chris king BB: $100

2 Likes

Man I wish I was tall enough for this ride…

1 Like

same
Who wanna try n stretch my legs n arms out?

Man that’s a sweet bike/deal. I’m not tall enough either. Have you tried listing on pinkbike, etc. as well?

Not yet.
Would prefer to sell local first.

Also to add,

Bike was ridden several times a week for 2 years. It’s got some cosmetic scratches on the paint and some scuff marks from my bike rack. Also the paint is rubbing off the chainstay from my heel rubbing on it. Overall I would give it a 7/10 for condition. I think the price reflects that though.

Frame could be dented and rusted, still a goddamn chromag made of chromoly. Come onnnn growth spurt

1 Like

Still have it?

If you do I will add it to my collection of things with 2 wheels. This week.

2 Likes

Bike is Sold. Off to a new home!

7 Likes

Hope the new owner pushes that fuckin bike to its limits and lets that beast soar

2 Likes

Not that i am jealous or anything

2 Likes

I’ll try my best. (Coming off my Marin XC build, it feels different for sure). Might need to take it out of Victoria Park more often.

2 Likes

What an awesome upgrade, stoked for you!

1 Like

If you want to get airborne on it around hrm sometime let me know :smiley:

Sounds good. Never been good at jumping but never had a rig that could survive them

Who said anything about being good! :wink:

1 Like