2018/19 Winter Trail Conditions

I couldn’t imagine riding in the woods anywhere this weekend. Even the crusher dust at Shubie was soggy and full of puddles.

Anyone have any ideas? I suppose parts of Fight are good but lots is unrideable too

Road. Bike.

Skatepark. Actually, I really haven’t done a skatepark ride in a while. Might have to do that next week.

If the rain takes the snow and ice off it, the Cole Harbour paved bike path might be an option.

@brightwhite

No. Thanks

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw a ride on Strava from Norrawarren…I can’t imagine it was a good ride…but…?

Flipside is great right now if you like ice and more ice! Better have studs and get it while it’s frozen.

2 Likes

Same at Spider/Skull.

1 Like

Same at wrandees.

1 Like

Nine Mile was excellent last night- almost all ice and some hard frozen snow. Studs a must!

3 Likes

Evil Birch at Kearney Lake Road Quarry was a bit icy on Sun Mar 17. It shouldn’t take long to melt. I think it would be alright for fatties or studs but not skinny tires.

1 Like

Rode Keppoch yesterday, it’s ice and hard snow. Studs 100% required.

2 Likes

Pretty soggy and soft on spots for bowater so went to get some k on pipelines and fireroads.

1 Like

just rode NoraWarren, trail is muddy but still rideable and snow in some spots

Just a reminder… if the trail is soft enough to leave a tire track while riding you may be damaging trails.

If the trails are soft instead maybe find some granite or crusher dust or urban fun.

3 Likes

Daminion, flipside, Susie q, lake loop, death march and fire roads are still covered with hard ice carpet must be riden early morning or - temps only.

4 Likes

My trails near Woodville are ridable but the links seem covered in snow or ice.

1 Like

Still lots of ice at Bowater if you’re looking for a place that won’t destroy your studs.

1 Like

Doing some road riding for a bit, and Fight until the trails deice and thaw out.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Evil Birch