Cavendish

I’ll be camping in Cavendish from Aug 8th til 13th, anyone know of any decent trails closeby, or short drive away? I prefer flowy trails, but frequent Fight Trail, Whopper, Evil Birch, so anything goes. Depending on terrain, I could bring a smaller XC bike or bigger more DH bike.

The island is not very big. I usually hit Brookvale and Strathgartney/Bonshaw on my summer trips there. I really like Brookvale but Strathgartney is newer and has some newer and more flow. Not sure if it has as much though.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/brookvale-nordic-center/

https://www.trailforks.com/region/strathgartney-16547/

1 Like

+1 for @JeffV

I have ridden both with locals who know the trails well. Brookvale has some flowy parts, but also some roots and technical stuff as well.

Bonshaw is newer, and it was very flowy with much less roots/ technical stuff but the system itself wasn’t as big as Brookvale.

Both systems are very nice and well maintained, and a nice change of pace from Whopper, Fight and some of the other more technical trails around here…

I ride a 27.5’ full-suspension trail bike with 140 mm of travel and it is more than enough, maybe even overkill, for these trails. I have also ridden it on a 26’ bike with 120 mm front and rear and it was fine as well…

2 Likes

Post up on the Cycling PEI facebook page and I’m sure some locals would gladly show you the trails. I did that a couple of summers ago and got the grand tour of Brookvale by a great group of guys.

2 Likes

Step away for a moment and I thought this was about Mark Cavendish.

Thanks everyone! I’ll look into those trails and check out the Cycling PEI page

Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel or b&b near Bonshaw or Brookvale?

Neither are very far from Cornwall, so you could easily go there, or into Charlottetown, as there are lots of options there…

I can vouch for the Cavendish Maples cottages…highly recommended. And only 30 minutes from Brookvale.

If you go into Charlottetown I recommend Dawson House B&B

1 Like