ECMTB Fitz Camp-n-Ride 2018 - 5th Annual

Hey all,

Call me crazy but I’m doing this a 5th time.

Where: Fitzpatrick Mountain, Scotsburn
When: 1pm
Difficulty: Intermediate to Enthusiastic Beginner

Notes:

Ride Fitzpatrick Mountain: 1pm until supper.

No shuttling. I have found a route that includes climbing om a fire road and still allows us to hit the sweet downs.

I’m considering doing a shuttle ride for kids in the morning if there is interest. It would be a bring-your-own-kid type thing. The trails are rough though if you have never been there.

Let me know what you think, like always, I’ll be there that’s for sure. – Cheers!

Birchwood Campground
It’s a nice family friendly campground.
10k rails to trails ride from Fitzpatrick.
Covered community eating area.
Swimming pool and Pirate Ship for the kids

PS: Anitra is still adamant that she ain’t cookin’ for y’all, but maybe I can throw a hot dog on the grill for you!

PPS: Feel free to do a day trip and join us on the hill if you don’t feel like camping.

Highlights in the area:
Uncle Leo’s Fine Ale - Pictou (just minutes from Birchwood, brewery only not a pub though)

Pictou County Pizza from Acropole Pizza in Pictou

Smith Rock Chalets - If you don’t feel like camping, get a cabin right on the hill.

There are awesome beaches in the area too. Caribou Provincial park is a nice family campground as well.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Coincidentally, I’m booked in site #5 this year.

1 Like

I need to remember to call and book a site.

@Chris_Dwyer-perkins this is the Fitz ride to go on.

1 Like

Yesss… it is getting closer. Only a few weeks now.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Re: the “bring-your-own-kid type thing”.
You mean there’s no possibility to rent or demo one of those new Enduro children I’ve been hearing about?

6 Likes

I’m good to go for the day trip. You in?

Possibly

For those wondering of there kid would like the morning ride, here’s a clip of kids riding one section of the Fitz trail:

There are steeper and rootier sections too.

5 Likes

In…will be leaving the valley on Friday afternoon, staying overnight, riding Saturday, to the cottage Saturday night and ride Tired Tires on Sunday in Windsor

3 Likes

Tent site is booked for Saturday night, can’t wait!

1 Like

I was told today that I didn’t have to book a tent site. I really hope they’re right.

Might have to make the trip down for this!

1 Like

Here’s a collection of our post ride photos:

The first one we had our ass handed to us by local kids on hardtails, lol.

The second one was a blast. The camp fire was rocking that night.

Big crew for the third one. I lent an old hardtail to the guy on the right. (first time mountain biker, lol) He crashed and both wheels popped off.

It was raining in Halifax, which caused some to bail. One of the funner ones for me though, we sessions all the good stuff and the camp fire was rocking.

4 Likes

Are the trails “trailerbike” friendly? ie not too tight?

I might day trip it with my daughter

How steep are the hills (up!)? Just so I pick appropriate geared bike

Unfortunately, much of it is tight, steep and rough, @m0rk. That little clip I posted is a mild section.

Built this campground kicker for “kids” to play with:

5 Likes

Weather looks frickin fantastic for the weekend!

1 Like

Going to try to make this but likely arriving a bit after 1:00pm due to prior commitments. Any chance you can point me/us to the starting trail so we can try to catch up?