ECMTB Snowshoe - Tue Jan 30/18

Given the amount of snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow, conditions may not be the greatest for a ride, so let’s get out for a snowshoe at Wrandees and lay the groundwork for some excellent riding later in the week. Bring your partners and kids too if you’d like. The more traffic on the trails the better.

Note there may be a ride on Wednesday if conditions permit. Stay tuned.

Where: Wrandees - Exhibition grounds parking lot
When: Tuesday, January 30/18 @ 7pm
Difficulty: n/a

Notes: Snowshoes and lights required

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

I’m totally in for this!

2 Likes

If anyone doesn’t have a pair of snowshoes there’s a few places you can rent them:

I believe I read somewhere the ones from the municipal locations are free to borrow.

2 Likes

any of you guys have size 9 and size 1 for me and for my daughter later on to borrow?
i might check on who have those for rent too.

Sorry I just have the one set.

No worries thanks D.

Nathan bailed so I have and extra set available.

Say the word and I can bring the munchkins as well.

Too bad, got stuck scraping and shoveling. enjoy guys!

How was it?

The snow was a bit too light and dry to properly pack down, but it’s a good start. Still some exposed roots and rocks in places, but overall pretty decent ground cover in there.

Good to know…maybe more walkers in the warm temps later this week will allow for some great cold weather riding when the temps drop this weekend.

1 Like

I can’t imagine that much snow survived the rain and warmth, but keen to get out if conditions are okay on Saturday afternoon.