ECMTB Weekly Group Ride - June 26/18

We haven’t been to Empire Trails (aka Gore) in a while. So let’s take advantage of the extended daylight and hit some of the finest singletrack in NS.

We checked in with @MichaelB and despite the rain, the trails should dry out nicely by tomorrow night.

Where: Empire Trails - off Hwy 202 in Gore
When: Tuesday, June 26/18 at 7pm
Difficulty: Beginner/Intermediate

Notes: There is a $5 (cash only) entry fee, which helps support the building and maintenance of these fine trails. Bring bug spray. And a post ride beverage of choice.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

I’m headed down from truro if anyone wants to hop in. You guys might be a lot faster than me but keen to get to gore!

1 Like

I will probably trek out, was thinking of a ride here this week, why not tomorrow. I will probably bring my downhill bike though and just hack around, but will prob be there!

1 Like

Don’t forget your folding chair for the post-ride gathering in the parking lot.

Is this a hard place for me to keep up with you guys? I’ve never been there before

I’m going to be a maybe, all depends how quick i can get loaded up after work.

Its got a lot of ups and downs with some pretty okay downhill sections. Prepare to pedal for sure.
I will probably take my downhill rig and maybe my hardtail and just hack around and session some fun spots

1 Like

@RiderSx you survived whopper, you won’t have any trouble at gore…walk in the park.

3 Likes

Hey sorry to keep asking but if I can grab a lift from rotary I would be keen to join

I can’t make this one.

Any update on whether Gore will be open for riding tonight based on how much rain we got yesterday?

We held off on choosing a location until we knew for sure the rain was going to taper off and drying conditions would be good today. Once we knew that we checked in with Mike Blois and he gave us the green light for today.

If he decides later the trails are still too wet, we’ll let everyone know as soon as possible. Otherwise we’ll be there as planned.

6 Likes

thanks for letting me know you cant make tonight, next time maybe :slight_smile:

@Krysta or anyone who wants a lift or to carpool: I have space for two bikes as long as you are willing to trust my canadian tire trunk hitch bike rack. Would be good to pay back the karma after getting rides from others over the years.

Mumford rd tim hortins parking lot is a good meetup spot. Pm me if interested.
Ryan

3 Likes

Yes that would be awesome!! What time?

I planned to join but things have changed. Have fun guys!

I’ll he there

1 Like

Going to skip this one. Did a road ride this am and other commitments this evening.