ECMTB Weekly Group Ride

There’s been lots of chatter lately about the Bowater trails, and for good reason. They’re tight, twisty, flowy and fun. So we’re heading there this week while the ground is still frozen.

There’s no ice, but a fair amount of snow on these trails. It’s mostly hard packed and solid though so you should be good with skinny tires.

Where: Bowater trails - meet at the first entrance gate on Hiking Trail Rd. just off Highway 103.
When: Tuesday, March 20/18 @ 7pm
Difficulty: Intermediate

Notes: Requires lights

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Looking for a baby sitter now :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a sitter! Is anyone looking to carpool from Bedford?

1 Like

I’ll send you a text Chris

1 Like

For anyone interested it looks like I have room for 2 more skinny/plus sized and room for one more skinny with a quick release front wheel.

SO I might be calling in sick for work :laughing:! Now which bike fatty or skinny? Studded or non?

1 Like

Unless it changes a lot from last night, none of those would be bad choices. I’d say the trails are at least 90% grippy, hardpack snow, the rest being hero dirt and a very short section of somewhat loose snow. No ice, but a couple of tight downhill turns are slightly slippery although still easily ridden without studs.

6 Likes

@Jetter and I will be leaving at 6:30 from here:

I still have 3 slot for bikes.

1 slot is skinny quick release only.
1 skinny or plus bike slot.
and 1 slot that can do skinny up to fat bike.

Let me know if you want a ride out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lefty’s is a good spot for post ride beers. Just sayin.

1 Like

Arrrrrgh. I forgot to charge my lights.

Does anyone have a spare battery pack for the El Cheapo lights like these ones?

I have some charge… Just not sure how much. May end up at Leftys early.

I have a spare bar mount light.

1 Like

@damsam we have enough daylight to get us to about 7:45 which will save some battery. Also I have an extra light.

2 Likes