ECMTB Weekly Ride - 1 Aug 2017

Sorry to do twice in one spot but whopper is so much fun.

Where: Whopper, Burgerking Entrance in Bayer’s Lake
When: 7pm
Difficulty: Intermediate to Advanced

Notes: Bug spray might be nice.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Is anyone leaving from south or north end with an extra seat?

I would but I’m riding from home this week.

Hello! I’m visiting from Ottawa and I’m planning to join this ride! Is there an address I could plug into Google maps that will take me there?

Here: Burger King entrance.

Bayer’s Lake

Which route do you guys usually go? I do Whopper a bit, but only stick to the way I know, which is probably the simple way. I want to learn more of the trails there but I don’t want to slow you guys down, especially at Whopper.

We won’t slow you down, I’m sure.

We don’t plan it too much since we need to accommodate the group, but I was thinking of doing Suzies lake and then take the power lines out by turning right at the tee.

1 Like

lol, I’m not worried about you slowing me down. I’m worried about me slowing you guys down.

I’ll be there tonight. My 4 year old son signed my permission slip to give me the OK.

6 Likes

Never worry about slowing us down. We are not there to race :smiley: We want to socialize while having a good ride and help the MTB community.

2 Likes

I’m usually at the back of the group and happy to be “sweeper”. No worries about being slow.

4 Likes

I’m not sure who it was that asked, but no, usually our rides don’t go until nearly 10:00. Tonight was the exception, not the rule. Usually the rides finish up around 9:00.

Hopefully you’re not in the doghouse with your wife and are able to get out for another Tuesday ride soon!

4 Likes

Thanks, @jetter for taking point!

1 Like

Great to see so many new faces too.

That was me @Jetter. No worries! I was home by 10. I had said 9 and never sent an update so she was a little worried. All good though!

4 Likes

That was a great ride guys! Thanks for letting me come along! I’ll bring more spare tubes next time! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You had one, what more do you need?

It wasn’t enough! I had another flat after we split up… And ended up jogging the bike back to the parking lot for the last couple of km. It was good cross training! Lol!

1 Like

Yeah sorry, @RealC. The ride took longer than expected with the flats and large group.

2 Likes