ECMTB Weekly Ride - 2016 Dec 20

This is the last ride before Christmas break. Let’s ride Shubie again this week so we are close to somewhere we can get some good eats afterwards.

Where: Shubie Park, meet at Dartmouth Crossing entrance.
When: 7pm
Difficulty: Beginner with options for Intermediate.

Notes: Requires lights, dress warmly. Ice tires are recommended but up to you.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and emergency contact filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Conditions are a mixed bag in there after the rain, lots of solid ice on the foot packed areas, plowed areas are either solid ice with some crusher dust applied on top or bare. Anywhere that got little to no foot traffic either has crusty snow or is bare. Riding with studs will expand where you can ride by a lot.

1 Like

My shoulder is bit wonky from either swimming or shovelling on Saturday; maybe both. A wipeout yesterday on the icy BLT probably didn’t help matters much. May have to skip this one. :unamused:

Bent is exactly correct about the conditions at Shubie. Lots of exposed ice. Most of it can be ridden over VERY carefully and there is room on the edge of most trails to keep the rubber on dirt/crusher dust but I did have to dismount and walk a few times. It is a little more difficult at night to pick out the dangerous ice because of the way he light hits it…you know what I mean

1 Like

Will there stickers for sale after the ride🤔

yup

Dang it, I won’t make it tonight but wanted to get some stickers. @shadowfox70 or @Chris_Dwyer-perkins, can you hook a brother up and I’ll pay you back? I have $5 burning a hole in my pocket! :smiley:

I’m not 100% sure if I’m going tonight. If I do I can.

1 Like

Yep will get it for you. i’ll be in the ride later afterwards will be watching D-box Rogue One with my Chief of Command, if anyone’s up for it i’ll be happy to share my :popcorn: .:metal:

1 Like

Shubie was deluxe last night- studs definitely recommended! Chilly though so make sure you wear your warm stuff! Don’t think I’ll make it out tonight but you never know…

1 Like

Fun, I really appreciated the studs. I gotta take them off now, I guess.