ECMTB Weekly Ride - 2017 Jun 6

We tried to get to the Cob trails a couple of times in the past few weeks but this week is the one.

Where: The Cob
When: 7pm
Difficulty: Intermediate

Notes: No lights required but bring bug spray.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Never been on this trail before, whats it like? tried to look it up but couldn’t see any videos.

Guys anyone able to describe the cob? I’m at a loss for good prose…

Its a small trail system with a rough slate double track in. There are a few climbs and descents. No granite. Some tech descents. A really nice bridge. It has not had a tonne of traffic. Its fun though.

3 Likes

I’ll have the jerseys with me for anyone that ordered one. If you’re paid up or want to pay me on site, you can get it at the Cob.

Hard to describe. Has a bit of everything. Lots of climbing a couple different downhill routes that are quite fun. It’s always a good ride

1 Like

It’s great! That doesn’t help much does it.

I would agree with JeffV…a bit of everything, and lots of fun.

1 Like

Hey Rolls, if I’m able to go I’ll being some money for stickers.

1 Like

Stickers was something I was meaning to bring up. I’m interested in a few too if there’s lots kicking around.

Yep there’s a bunch of the small ones left. $1 each. I’ll bring them.

You never told me there was stickers…

1 Like

If anyone is heading there from the peninsula with space for an extra bike (and person) let me know. Would love to get out for this ride and see what Cob is like in the light of day!

Planned on going before I knew there was a group ride. I’ll be in there earlier and will likely see you folks on the trail.

1 Like

@ryansutc I can pick you up. Will PM you to coordinate.

1 Like

Unfortunately. I’m now unable to go. Maybe next week!

I might have to cancel last minute but so far looking good

Looking good for my attendance tonight. My last group ride for a bit. Getting off shift tomorrow and heading back to Saint John.

3 Likes

Never fails lol. Something just came up at work and I’m not gonna make it tonight.

I’m just impressed that 20 people voted in the attendance poll, woot!

1 Like

How was the ride?