ECMTB Weekly Ride - 31 Jan 2017

Let’s ride Nine Mile River this week. We hear the conditions there are great.

Where: Nine Mile River
When: 7pm
Difficulty: Beginner / Intermediate with some ice.

Notes: requires lights, studs recommend but optional, dress warmly

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and emergency contact filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

I would go if I had a light.

@RyanHutchinson I’ll bring an extra light. Come on out!

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you very much. I’ll be there!

2 Likes

I plan to attend and can also bring an extra light, if anyone is in need.

I’ve never ridden these trails, will try to make it.

There nice but short.

Pre-ride ride? :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds Good to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had a blast the last group ride here, that flow is so addictive! I wish I could make it, but tomorrow is the first day of a new job and I’m even sure what time I’ll finish.

1 Like

Hey… is anyone driving from the south end area of Halifax at all? I’m new to the group/halifax and don’t have a car.

2 Likes

@Krysta I sent you a pm

Nice cold temps last night, ground should be good and frozen for the ride tonight. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Hope it’s like it was on the weekend! :smiley:

2 Likes

Might make it out for this one. Rode The Cob on the weekend and conditions were great! Saw a few other sets of tracks in the little bit of snow that was down, good to see @TheBuilder 's work being appreciated!

In terms of Nine Mile, do the group rides usually include the back loop? “Slog Loop” I believe it’s named on Trailforks.

1 Like

@gtrguy there’s usually a few who ride the back loop and some who just go straight to the lake, and then we hook up at the end.

haven’t tried that slog loop, what is it like?

A slog.

That’s the perfect name for the trail as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

right on, im still curious on that loop would like to check it.

I like it. It’s good for getting a few extra kms and it makes you appreciate just how flowy the rest of the trail is.

2 Likes