Evil Birch - Wed Aug 9th

The weather looks much better for Wednesday, and Evil Birch dries out pretty quick, so let’s do it!

Where: Evil Birch - quarry entrance off Kearney Lake Rd.
When: Wednesday, August 9/17 @ 7pm
Difficulty: Intermediate, with some very technical sections

Notes: Lights are not required, but the days are noticeably shorter, so if you have one bring it just in case.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

I haven’t been there for years. Where exactly do you park? Used to park at the plaza (at Tim’s) and ride to the gate.

@coaster there’s a small parking area before the gate, on Crusher Rd where it meets Kearney Lake Rd.

Looks like it will be nice for the ride today! Can’t wait. Love Evil Birch.

1 Like

When its a small group my favorite entrance is off the 102 but these days not applicable because of the road work.

The slick rocky entrance at that end of quarry is fun.

1 Like

Evil Birch doesn’t get the attention it deserves, probably because it’s a bit of a chore to get to it. But definitely one of the best trails in Halifax.

5 Likes

Debating making it out tonight, havent been here yet. Im just concerned I may slow down the group on the climbs. I have a 10yr old North Shore hardtail made for gravity (as am I!). May end up walking the gnarly climbs

You should check it out, it’s a really great trail!

It’s worth going. I find some of the climbs are hard but there hard for everyone so I wouldn’t worry about slowing us down and there is some really fun downs ad well. Not huge but really fun! It’s easily one of my favourite trails for around here.

1 Like

I’m running early. Will likely meet on the trail.

Awesome ride, thanks for giving me a tour of an amazing trail Ive never ridden.
Unfortunately I stupidly left my seat bag zipper open and lost my chain tool and a nice set of tire levers.
Other than that it was a really fun ride.

6 Likes