FS: 2007 Giant Reign X0 $600 (SOLD)

This bike has basically been hanging in my shed for the last three years. My wife rode it occasionally, but it hasn’t seen a lot of miles in a while. I’m letting it go for the low low price of $600 because I’m out of room in my bike shed, and I figure it would make a good dually for someone looking to get into the sport.

It’s a Medium 2007 Giant Reign X0 with that ridiculously complex-looking shock basement VPP-style linkage (Maestro, I think they called it). 6.7" of travel in the rear on a Fox Float DHX 4.0. Rear suspension works mint. Small ding in the rear chainstay from a trip OTB in the rock garden on Acadienne at Sugarloaf. I got the badass gold ano one because I wanted to be like @tommyboy.

Fox 36 Float RC2, high and low speed adjustments, plus rebound. Still smooth. May need seals later this summer.

WTB wheels and hubs. #26aintdead

Kenda and Maxxis rubber with lots of life left in it.

LX shifters, rear mech and XT front mech. 2x9 spd.

Vintage and bloody awesome e13 bash bolted up to Truvativ Holzfeller cranks. These cranks are bloody bombproof and perfectly straight. I think they’re riding on a Race Face DH BB, but I dunno. Spins smooth af. You supply the pedals.

Hayes mags with custom DangerBoy two finger levers. These feel great on your digits, but I’m not gonna lie, they drag a bit and could likely use a bleed. Pads are still in good shape.

Easton MonkeyBar with 2" rise. Probably a little narrow by today’s standards, but I can throw in a nice wide Commencal AM bar and a Rocky stem. Oury lock on grips complete the cockpit.

Thomson 70mm stem #bling

Race Face post and Salsa saddle.

No stupid lowball offers, no trades. It’s priced fair. Get at me.

5 Likes

Great price for someone who wants to get out of the hard tail game.

2 Likes

That’s kinda cool and would bookend my XC hardtail nicely. Did I miss the size? Couldn’t see it in the post.

Edit: Duh. Nevermind. I see it’s a medium now. I would need a large. Good luck. Looks like a sweet deal

1 Like

It’s a medium–I forgot that one critical piece and added it in an edit after the post went live. Thanks!

I woulda been sold if it had a sweet kickstand. Its a shame. Sick pony though

1 Like

I’m sure I have one in the olde parts box…

2 Likes

If only my wife wouldn’t kill me. Sweet deal, and I even just got a nice big shed :frowning:

4 posts were split to a new topic: Split post… re bikes for your significant other

I split some of the replies out to its own conversation.

2 Likes

Darn, wish it was a large as their mediums are to small for me :frowning:

I am definitely interested. I’ve been looking to make the switch from a hard tail.

1 Like

Hi do you still have the bike?

Yes. I’m going out of town on business today and won’t be back until next weekend. Nathan above has also expressed interest in buying it, so whomever gets in touch then and can pick it up will get it.

Thanks.

I will take it . I can come by any time just let me know .
Thanks Jeff Cusack

Hi Jeff,

Sorry, had been claimed by someone else first.

Hi . Just wondering if it is still available. I can come by anytime .
Thanks !

Lol . No worries. I sent that at the same time I just received your email .

Yeah, sorry—had to give the first right of refusal to the guy who asked for it first. Thanks for understanding.