Gore natal day long week - ride,relax, repeat

The VOTE’s or veterans of the empire are going to be camping out on Saturday night august 5th at empire trails. We will be riding in the later afternoon then it’s time to relax with beverages and a bonfire. We will then be camping over night so no one has to drive. On Sunday we will ride as well. No race, this is nothing more than bunch of mountain bikers getting together and a chance to get a somewhat misguided tour of the ultimate empire loop. Please keep in mind it’s 5 bucks a day

8 Likes

I’m in. Geoff and Duane are coming from P.E.I. that weekend to enjoy the Gore…
C’mon out and have some fun.

2 Likes

Yeah, I better be in bicycling shape by then!

I’m in. Not that it matters but has the camping area been selected?

1 Like

We are setting up a camping area near the Mudcraft grounds. We are going to be scouting out a firepit area this Sunday.

In for at least one of the days. Not camping, though.

Not sure about the camping, but likely in for some riding!

1 Like

I can bring an old washer drum and some bricks for a fire pit so the grass is not harmed?

Shawn is probably going to be there, so don’t worry about grass. There won’t be any for a 10km radius.

4 Likes

Hi. I’ve never been out to Gore…but would like to check it out. I’ve got a 29’er…suitable for that sort of riding?

I’m going to see about making it out. Would be nice to meet some new folks in the MTB community.

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Doug don’t worry about how big the fire is going to be just concentrate on not falling into it drunk :dizzy_face:

Any size wheel will work in gore, it’s like liquor they all get you drunk just depends on what your personal taste is

1 Like

You could honestly ride any wheel size or bike type there. The trails are well maintained and makes it easy for people to “ride what you got” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Rextyro

I was out there on the weekend with my 29er hardtail. I even managed to mostly not get in the way of @Adam on his zoomy new full-suspension bike!

2 Likes

If I remember correctly you were waiting for me. I honestly doubt I am any faster on the 27.5" full squish than my 26" hard tail. But at least with the older bike I had a plausible excuse.

3 Likes

Shaping up to be a good weekend in Gore. Looks to be at least 20 people going. Not all camping but coming to ride at least. Should be fun. Join us…

5 Likes

Should be there. For some of the festivities.

1 Like

I plan on making it out for sure. Will be camping nearby between walton and burntcoat anyways

Seven days and counting :beers: , :fire: !

If we burn a big enough fire we should be able to hold the rain of right? Regardless we will be up there this weekend, will you?

3 Likes

We are heading there for 9 tomorrow morning. It is our first time there in years and looking forward to it