Introduction, trail questions and possibly a bike suggestion?

I ride 160/170mm 650b enduro rig, and it is slightly overkill for here but it still climbs well and it is bombproof everywhere else. Great rig for trips to Sugarloaf or Keppoch and I’ll be riding it all over Quebec’s DH courses this summer.

My plan is to get something like a Yeti SB4.5. 114/140mm 29er and about 28 lbs. I think that would be a perfect rig for around here.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say there’s anything to really avoid in most modern full suspension bikes. What I will say though is test ride, test ride, and test ride. If your planing full suspension your likely going to be spending more to get the same level spec when compared to a hard tail.

I made the mistake (mind you the bike was out dated a bit by the time I bought it) of buying a used trance and not really taking the timers see if I liked how it climbed. I loved the bike for everything except the moment I turned it up hill. Could never keep the front tire planted. My point is if your willing to invest more and jumping into the full suspension market it’s all the more reason you find the bike that best fits your body and how you ride.

https://swobo.com/products/mutineer

Just get one of these and make me proud

2 Likes

Fully rigid single speed? My butt and wrists hurt just thinking about it. Then again I’m old and slow… lol

1 Like

That would be a blast jumping

1 Like