Light Up Bedford Parade - Nov 19/17

ECMTB will be riding in the Light Up Bedford Parade again this year, which is always a great time! Yes I know it’s hard to think about Christmas with temps still up in the mid teens, but it’s not that far off.

So bring your kids/spouses/friends, everyone is welcome to ride with us. Let’s make this the biggest turnout yet.

Just strap as many lights to your bike as you can safely ride with and you’re good to go. If you need lights, Dollar Store/Walmart/Canadian Tire are a good source for glow sticks and cheap battery operated LEDs.

When: Sunday, Nov 19/17 - assemble by 5pm at the latest
Where: DeWolfe Park, Bedford
Notes: More info available on the parade website.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Maybe this will be the year I finally join you guys for this. It sounds like a blast!

1 Like

If anyone needs lights, I have multiple battery powered ones I can lend as I won’t be able to make the parade this year.

I can bring them to this Tuesday’s ride if anyone is interested, just send me a message.

1 Like

Just four days until we light up Bedford! A reminder that the parade will go ahead rain or shine.

Also there is no parking at the DeWolfe Park meetup area. Your best bet is to park at the Mill Cove Sobeys, near the start of the parade route or Bedford Place Mall, at the end of the parade route.

2 Likes

Pre parade pics?

Looking forward to the parade tonight. There are 4 in my group - myself and 3 boys ages 16, 10 and 10. Praying that the rain gods will stop the rain by 4.

2 Likes

Bring the banner!

1 Like

Epic one. We got drenched and had tonnes of fun. (Good thing it was warm.)

The kids were blasting through the gutter streams with full lights on a be smiles.

5 Likes

In other news… my phone is in a bag of rice.

5 Likes

It was one for the record books! Kids BIG and small were definitely playing in the puddles. Thanks to all who showed up!

3 Likes

A message from the parade organizers…

The parade committee wants to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone that showed up for the parade. We know that some floats and groups cancelled due to the rain but were amazed at the number that showed up.It was wonderful to see so many people lining the street also to watch the wet parade.

And in the Spirit of Christmas…the Lions and their helpers collected 7 large boxes of food and $700.00 cash that will be given to Beacon House. There were 2 large boxes of toys that will be brought to the Q104 Toy Drive this week and as always our Bedford Volunteer Firefighters collected a large bag of Santa letters that were dropped off at the Post Office for delivery to the Big Guy himself at the North Pole.

We hope to see you all back next year and hope for better weather.

Thank you again,
Barb Hooper Parade Chair

3 Likes