Light Up Bedford Parade

ECMTB will be riding in the Light Up Bedford Parade again this year. Always a great time! So bring your kids/spouses/friends, everyone is welcome to ride with us. Let’s make this the biggest turnout yet.

Just strap as many lights to your bike as you can safely ride with and you’re good to go. If you need lights, Dollar Store/Walmart/Canadian Tire are a good source for glow sticks and cheap battery operated LEDs.

Where: DeWolf Park, Bedford
When: Sunday, Nov 18/18 - assemble by 5pm at the latest.
Difficulty: An easy 3.5 km route.

Notes: Parade goes ahead rain or shine. There is no parking at DeWolf Park. Your best bet is to park at the Mill Cove Sobeys, near the start of the parade route, or the Bedford Place Mall, which is at the end of the parade route.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

2 Likes

Always good to have riders skilled in wheelies and manuals.

(Ahem, @Ryan02)

1 Like

It does seem to be a crowd pleaser… who knew a fat bike could wheelie so well!

2 Likes

First wheel is done!

6 Likes

Looks like fun!!

2 Likes

I regret to say that due to family commitments I am unable to attend. It is always a great time and wish I could make it though!

One down…

4 Likes

Due to machanical time restraints (swaping drivetrain) which is taking longer than anticipated, are just a few lights ok?

Some are better than none at all, just ride with what you have. Every square inch doesn’t need to be covered.

Man sunny on this parade of lights! I Should hve called in sick.

Where do we meet?

@shadowfox70 yup gonna be a good one.

@Ryan02 DeWolf Park Bedford. See the map link in the original post.

@Jetter what light set is that? My son saw the lights in the parade last night and really wants a set for his bike.

Dollar store… string LEDs for $2 each multi colored. They have a battery pack that takes 2xAA.

Yeah, i meant the nifty ones that go in the wheels. they look like they go on the spokes or something.

My fat bike has cutouts in the rims, and I ran these inside with the LED sticking out the cutout; https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma-50-indoor-invisible-led-christmas-lights-assorted-colours-1513610p.html#srp

When I put lights on the wheels of my mountain bike before I did similar to what Derek did above, attaching the lights to the spokes with zip ties with a regular type of led string set.

1 Like