Mike's 'shorter than last year Dam Ride' birthday ride

<Mike’s ‘shorter than last year’s Dam Ride’ Birthday Ride >

Where: < Gaspereau Lake Dam >
When: < November 11th, 1:30 >
Difficulty: < Beginner/Intermediate >

Notes: <dress warm, bring snacks/water >

I am going to continue the tradition of a bike ride on November 11th which happens to be my birthday. Last year we did a killer 60ish km ride through the dams in the Gaspereau area. This year we are going to shorten it a bit as the Sunday is actually the 11th and will allow folks to attend ceremonies and still come to the ride. This year the ride will be about 30-40km.

Same format as last year in the sense that it will include mostly back roads around the lakes and dams of the gaspereau valley including a covered bridge this year. Any mountain bike will work, and it will be a casual, fun pace. There will be a shuttle vehicle at the end of the route so we don’t have to ride back.

Please Respond or RSVP so we can ensure there is enough room in the shuttle vehicle(s).

We will be meeting here. It is located on the 12 at the pumphouse for the dam on Gaspereau Lake. There are two parking lots here so should be enough parking.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

I see the surgeon again on the 5th and I’ll ask him if he thinks I’m good for this on the smother stuff (which is most of it from what I remember) and I’ll let you know. Probably a no but I’ll find out ether way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hate to miss this, but may have a schedule conflict. :frowning:

I’m in. Have a fun new route in mind for this years ride. Less climbing the last year I swear :wink:

3 Likes

Going, but I want more climbing

3 Likes

Doctor says no lol. 5 weeks of physical therapy before he will see me again to maybe give the ok to me back on the bike at all :stuck_out_tongue:

I could arrange that too!

4 Likes

Sorry, Mike! We’ll be out of town. :frowning: