MRWA Trail Build

This is exciting…trail building resumes!

The snow is gone, temperatures are rising, the ground is drying (most of the time)… You know what this means: T.R.A.I.L.B.U.I.L.D.I.N.G. !

The first official MRWA build day of 2018 is this Sunday, April 22, 9am to 12:30. The forecast looks good. Meet at the small park on Norawarren Drive near Herring Cove at 9. We’ll hike about 20 minutes in from the trailhead, carrying tools. If you arrive late, take In-N-Out to West Pine and follow it until you find us.

Bring water, work gloves, sturdy footwear, and clothes appropriate for the weather and for getting dirty. You do not need to bring tools (we have lots, and most were just sharpened - thanks Eric and Nate!).

This Sunday’s build session will be held on the lower (new part) of West Pine Trail. Next month we will return to Divide Trail near Governors Brook – however, a JL Isley high school class is targeting the work at Divide, with MRWA Builders, in the next few weeks.

MRWA aims to set a semi-regular building schedule as we move into May and June so everyone can schedule in advance. Please stay tuned. Saturday sessions will be offered. We’re taking a pass on trail building this Saturday, though, because the ground will need an extra day to dry out after this week’s abundant rain.

Thanks and see you out there.
MRWA Trail Committee

5 Likes

Sounds like a Sunday Funday to me! See you all there.

2 Likes

I’ll be in back on Bloodline for the day fixing that ladder. Hope to make it out for the next trail day!

1 Like