New site coming online - ecmtb.net

Fyi…

As promised, we are switching pedaltrout.com over to a new name and a new forum engine.

Soon, (possibly today) you will see pedaltrout.com/forum redirected to ecmtb.net.

There’s not much for eye candy yet, but the plan is to solicit the community to help shape the new look.

The forum engine underneath has a number of modern features.

I ask your patience in this and please let me know of any issues.

Thanks.
Jeff V.

Please check that you can log in.

Initially, you may need to log in using google or facebook credentials. Note, this is just an authentication mechanism, Pedaltrout / ecmtb.net has no means of reading you dirty little facebook secrets.

There was no way to import passwords from phpbb.

Note, you can also reset your password with the “I forgot my password” feature. It will send a reset link to your email address.

I’d put it thru a bit more testing :slight_smile: Finding lots of images taht don’t load.

Those may need to be fixed as we go. I’ll take a better look though.

It looks like the attachments were not imported by the importer. I am looking into this to see if they can be imported after the fact.

Ok, it looks like this is not happening today. As you were.

I am going to re-import and test some more after the importer supports attachments.

Sorry for any confusion.

Hey guys, I tried this and unless the reset requires manual intervention on your part, I did not get an email.

Thanks slider,

I’m looking at the email configuration now.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if I’ll have it running today and I will not have an opportunity until Monday night.

One of the reasons I had to cancel the cut over. (argh!)

[quote=“JeffV”]Thanks slider,

I’m looking at the email configuration now.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if I’ll have it running today and I will not have an opportunity until Monday night.

One of the reasons I had to cancel the cut over. (argh!)[/quote]

No worries. Nice to see the ecmtb name being used again!

Yeah, it is memorable.

Stoked on the name change… :slight_smile:

This could happen today. I have the majority of broken images imported.

Feel free to go to ecmtb.net and test your login.

Note, you will need to reset your password.

And here we are. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Many will hit the invalid page at first since we do not have “www.pedaltrout.com/forum/”. Please reset any bookmarks or links you may have to be ecmtb.net.

Cheers.

I’m liking this new format. It seemed a bit clunky to navigate around the forum at first, but after using it for a bit, I quite like it.

Good stuff, I’m enjoying seeing it in use.

I love LOVE the name and the forum software. I’m 90% lurker, so having the default view as new posts is PIMP.

1 Like