RESCHEDULED - ECMTB Weekly Ride - Wednesday Feb 15th

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but tomorrow should be so delightful. This is Halifax Cycling Coalition’s annual Winter Bike Week and we are pleased to be participating with a group ride at Shubie Park.

If for some reason the Shubie trails are not plowed out by Tuesday night, this ride will be moved to Wednesday night.

Where: Shubie Park (meet at the very end of Shubie Dr. in Dartmouth Crossing - past the theaters)
When: 7pm - Wednesday, Feb 15th
Difficulty: Beginner friendly

Notes: Lights are required. Studs are optional but shouldn’t be needed this week. Skinnies and fat bikes welcome…we don’t discriminate.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and emergency contact filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

1 Like

They have been doing some plowing in there today already.

1 Like

The HCC Winter Bike Week site has been updated. Might want to put a post on the Facebook event page linking to this post? https://www.facebook.com/events/1534034586869943/?active_tab=discussion

1 Like

I’ll have an extra set of lights to lend out if someone wants to come out and try.

2 Likes

Like normal I will probably be there an hour or so early if someone wants to join me. Just let me know so we can meet.

1 Like

Tuesday is Valentines Day so feel free to bring the one you love…your bike doesn’t count :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like to think that my bike counts

4 Likes

Great, I’ll bring my dog.

Better bring your sled with the dog! They are just getting to plowing the paths as of 10am. Solid ice underneath. We’ll see how it goes but it’s not rieable in it’s current condition. I put first boot bombs down in many places and my ski tracks from last night were totally gone.

Boot bombed.

Plowed 30 minutes later.

This is looking down the hill on the AT trail, the canal bridge is that thing at the bottom.

What the duck!

3 Likes

It’s right some purdy though. We’re still planning to ride there tonight, so fingers crossed the crews are able to clear out the rest of the park by tonight.

If anyone else is in there again later today please post up the conditions.

1 Like

I am likely headed there in a couple of hours. I will let you know what I find

3 Likes

Think i might go to martock and enjoy the powder while its here.

1 Like

Hey Mike watch that white powder it’s a slippery slope with that stuff.

1 Like

As of 4pm, conditions are okay to not great, not much plowing has happened. There is a foot packed 18" wide singletrack in the most popular areas that should be fine for fat bikes. The AT trail isn’t plowed toward Dartmouth Crossing, only foot packed and random snowshoe tacks that may even be a struggle for fat bikes.

I’d recommend starting at the Fairbanks Centre if the ride is still on.

Reports don’t sound good so far and they probably don’t do any plowing in the evening, so we are going to move this ride to Wednesday Feb 15th at 7pm.

Snowshoe crew tonite maybe? Hit up the stuff that normally doesn’t get plowed. I’ll even bring my groomer: Trail Grooming.

You pull, I’ll sit on it for added weight.

I can confirm exactly what @bent6543 says. You can ride a 500m U shape on mostly plowed trails. The fat bikes can handle the deep snow but there is no room for error. If you get out of the groove you are in 18" soft deep fresh snow.

1 Like

Chris and I will be there anyway, because we are apparently not too bright. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome!

I guess im not too bright too.“edited”- guess im not going The chief of command had other plans"sucks