RESCHEDULED - ECMTB Weekly Ride - Wednesday Feb 15th

Impassable from Dartmouth Crossing, but a valiant effort! :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going to say I told you soā€¦Did I see you pulling out of the Fairbanks Centre Parking lot this evening? Turns out all my snowshoeing plans fell through and I just happen to have a fat bike hanging around so I went for a ride anyway. It was pretty fun riding the razors edge for a trail in some spots. Got a 12km ride out of it.

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 bright guys missing 1. lol

1 Like

We poked over that way, yes. It didnā€™t look too promising there, either, so we bailed. Regardless, we had a few laughs trying to get in, and had a fun ride down the stairs from the highway to the park.

1 Like

Iā€™m a maybe on this. It depends on how work goes today. :unamused:

Iā€™m planning to come, but have some business to take care of downtown first so might be a couple of minutes late. Iā€™ll still bring extra lights if anyone is looking to borrow.

1 Like

They are plowing this morning thereā€™s even patches of bare round but it looks like slow going. They havenā€™t got to the AT trail yet, still working around the dog park. The foot packed stuff is firm at the moment but only 12" to 18" wide, If it gets cold tonight it might even e rideable with skinny tires, no guarantees, for best results fat bikes recommended.

I think we have to re-label this ride ā€œDonā€™t fall in yellow snowā€ Itā€™s a white carpet hallway with yellow walls in there. Oh and thereā€™s the dog shit that no one thinks they need to pick up too. I picked up 8 extra shits this morning!

4 Likes

Lots more plowing done now, main paths in the dog park and around Faribanks, AT trail toward Mic Mac appears to be done, but toward Dartmouth Crossing is not plowed as of 3pm. Other trails are foot packed, in the dog park area they should be all good. Around the canal may be okay for fat bikes now. Picked up 4 more other dogā€™s shits this afternoon too.

4 Likes

I can confirm that the serpentine and the bridge is not ploughed itā€™s not hard to get across the bridge thereā€™s only one little hilly got to climb over the serpentine might be a different story. If the bottom is really bad Iā€™ll post I should be down there in about 15 minutes

1 Like

Id suggest fairbanks centre, iā€™ll be there but likely a bit late.

Yeah the Dartmouth crossing entrance is pretty crap I can get through it on the fatty but the moment I start to incline itā€™s even hard for me

1 Like

Lets stick with 7pm in dartmouth crossing because I think there a couple people coming who are not on this forum and wonā€™t get the message.

Once weā€™re all there we can drive over to Fairbanks centre and park there.

2 Likes