Ride from my door - will it be possible?

A vehicle is a must in this province to be able to travel around. We don’t have much in the way of public transit that extends beyond the city areas.

1 Like

Oh, no fear of getting a car at all… I’ll have to work in Halifax so there’s a 30ish km drive there everyday.

I just like getting straight out on the bike sometimes.

Lots of good info though, thank you guys!

1 Like

@m0rk this strava heatmap is a good indication of where folks ride the most. Mind you most of these tracks are on the road.

4 Likes

@Rolls - that’s fantastic. I’d forgotten about heatmaps despite being a regular stravaterrorist

5 Likes

It’s taken a while, but I’ve landed - bikes are on the way & can’t wait to try out the suggestions above!

Thanks all

4 Likes

Hey @m0rk welcome! Hopefully you can make it out to one of our group rides.

Without a doubt I’ll be out on many!

4 Likes

Put up a post if your looking for someone to show you some trails. If I’m available I’ll try and give you a hand as will some others I bet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Likewise.

1 Like

Thanks guys - much appreciated

It’s been so long since I had a decent ride (bikes have been in storage for 3.5 months) that I’ve got some fitness to find again… Should have my container arrive over christmas

If your looking to spin your wheels McDonald Sports Park is a really good place.

Fantastic, I can almost see my street on that map too.

Looks like I should be able to cut under the 102 to get there too

From the sounds of it, you must be in Fall River Village. When I get a chance I’ll post a map with a few easy ways to access MacDonald Sports Park from there.

Here’s our typical Tuesday night route for Mac Sport Park:

This is mostly double track. We consider it a good ride for wet days and it’s beginner friendly so we put it in the rotation.

Other rides are more technical but a social pace. Tuesday nights tend to be shorter than anything we would do on a weekend too.

2 Likes

Nice - thanks

I’m good technically, just rusty!

I’ve followed you on strava so I can stalk your haunts better.

1 Like

Can you cut through from there? Looks easiest in my head - it’s that or follow Fall River Road out West to Windsor Junction

@jetter would know better but looks good to me!

There is a path at the end of Lake Thomas Crescent. It starts on the edge of the gravel driveway at the end of the road, it may be difficult to find your first time. Once you find the path, it is quite rugged and technical but it is fairly short and mostly bikable.

Once you are thru the path, you will come out next to the highway and the lake. There is a bridge that will take you under the highway and put you on a gravel path. You will now be in MacDonald Park.

2 Likes

Busted out a quick paint edit.

Possible ways to get into McDonald Sports Park other than thru the main entrance are marked with a red star. The dashed blue line on the other side of the highway is a grown in path that I wouldn’t suggest taking.

3 Likes

Thanks Jetter. Very kind

1 Like