Ride Saturday Morning 10:00am. Location TBA

Let’s ride before the melt…where are the best trail conditions?

Where: Wherever the best trail conditions are in the HRM
When: Saturday January 27th at 10:00am
Difficulty: Intermediate

Notes: Studs required (I assume). Dress warmly

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

1 Like

we are heading to spider lake at 9 if you want to join in. Pretty leisurely pace

I’m looking to get out around that time with the dog. May not be HRM though…likely Nine Mile River.

I won’t make it for 9am, but let me know your planned route and i’ll try to intercept you.

Replicator ribbon inner peace hurricane poker run (mississippi). Everything but skull I suspect

Kirk Mock

Bro-Moc Print

C: 902 497 2900

O: 902 481 2704

Bro-Moc

Passion in Print

Think we saw your tracks on Poker Run tonight, went with @Chris_Dwyer-perkins and @Cheshiremark. Great conditions, studs highly recommended (required on some sections).

Where is hurricane? That’s a new name to me…

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. Is that the proper name for the trail called ‘Western flow trail’ on Trailforks?

We refer to the trail that the Simon and Garfunkel Bridge is on to be the Hurricane. It starts at the intersection by the Joshua Tree and makes it’s way to the Sissy Trail (dirt road)

@IanM_MTB that was probably us. What you call the Poker Run, we call Mississippi. Our group has been riding there before a lot of these trails were named so whatever we called them back in the day, we call them that now out of habit

1 Like

Maybe signage and Trail Forks needs to be updated, would be great if people were on the same page for trail names. Old names, new names, doesn’t matter to me. Would avoid some confusion. :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t want to step on any toes. The trail names we use are mostly our own

A few years ago I spent many hours and $$ and manufactured lots of trail signs and hung them all over the Spider Lake Trails. I received an email from the Water Commission asking me not to hang anymore. Most have been torn down by asshole vandals over the years. I hung something like 20 trail name signs and a couple of dozen trail direction arrows. If there are any more than a half dozen left i total now I would be shocked. Hell, someone tore down two signs and placed them over the red engine hood at the top of the six pack just a month or so ago. Making and hanging signs is an exercise in futility

1 Like

This is very true.

2 Likes

Maybe just get Trail Forks updated for some consistency? I know very few of the trail names because nothing is labelled. :thinking: