Wentworth - July 11th

~~~ Wentworth - July 11th ~~~

Where: ~Wentworth (park at the youth hostel)~
When: ~~~Tuesday, July 11th 10:30am (I am flexible on time if necessary) ~~~
Difficulty: ~~~Intermediate ~~~

Notes: ~~~ water/bug dope/sunscreen~~~

Stop #2 on Mike’s Bike adventure is Wentworth. I will be aiming to leave the Wentworth Hostel about 1030am and ride for 3 hours or more with some breaks in between. I’ve been to these trails years ago and I understand there may be new stuff so it will be an exciting day for sure.

Get your climbing legs on ya!

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

Day two was beautiful!

I started my morning waking up to the sun shining over the trees and the promise of sweet trails.

After breakfast I met up with the manager of the Wentworth Hostel, Andrew, and we rode for about 25km and over 500m of climbing. Andrew showed me the route for the duathlon and we managed to stay ahead of the bugs.

After flatting due to forgetting to unlock my rear shock, we came back to the hostel to grab a bite and we went up again and hit some great technical downhill runs.

Finished off the day with a great meal, shared with new friends and some fantastic post dinner conversation over beer and scotch!

Huge thanks to Andrew at the Wentworth Hostel for all his hospitality! I shall be back.

5 Likes

Ive heard great things about the trails up there.
Might be worth a trip up from the Valley later in the season. The hostel looks well priced and super close to the trails too.

You would enjoy it Josh. There is some sustained climbing, but nothing someone used to valley riding can’t handle. Andrew, the hostel manager is eager to show off the trails too! The DH section are a bit raw, but you would rip faster than me I’m sure.

The hostel is literally at the trailhead. If you’re interested I’d go up again if the timing works out.

3 Likes

We rode WW with some locals on Sunday and between the hostel and the ski hill side of the valley, we managed to climb nearly 1 km of vertical and experienced some seriously gnarly descents (including some very freshly cut loamy trails). Wentworth is truly some of the best riding in Nova Scotia and you owe it to yourself to hit these trails at least once this season.

3 Likes