180 Rotor Adapter

I’m going from a 160 to 180 on the rear. Post mount. Anyone have an adapter and a couple bolts kicking around? I tried Cyclesmith but they don’t have any and if ordered I’m looking at March to get one.

Can you tell me what bike it is and what the one you need to buy looks like. I have a few here that may work? N

1 Like

I’m riding a Knolly Endorphin with SLX two piston calliper, directly mounted to the frame. I think this is what I need to convert to a 180 rotor.

That’s an IS to PM (post mount) adapter you have pictured. Your bike is 160mm PM. You need one of these-

The SRAM equivalent will also work fine.

1 Like

Another option is a 20mm post mount adaptor from North Shore Billet

I have this. It is a 20mm adapter, but it came off a fork. I went to the LBS and they said it wasn’t what I needed. I haven’t tried it because I don’t think I have bolts that are long enough and they seemed reluctant to sell me some.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s what you need. Post mount is the same as mounting on forks.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. I’ll go looking for some bolts and give it a go!

1 Like

That will work. Cyclesmith also have the SRAM version in stock according to their website. It will work fine with your Shimano brakes- post mount is post mount.

These range in size from 1 3/8" to 1 7/8". You’re welcome to whatever would help.

2 Likes

Which sage mechanic gave you this studious advice?

I probably should have come here first :wink:

I’ll dig around a bit and if it’s don’t find anything I’ll take a couple. Thanks. I’ll PM later.

Would this be the right adaptor https://www.amazon.ca/AEcreative-Adapter-Caliper-Mountain-Bicycle/dp/B08D5JZP77/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3KIOU3KS2239&dchild=1&keywords=160mm+to+180mm+adapter&qid=1607799406&sprefix=160mm+to+180mm+%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-1

Looks like what I have minus the hardware. Perfect! It’s a little funny how this became so complicated. All I needed was a couple of bolts. This is my problem with not being able to walk in and see the mechs, which I can do at Bank’s Bikes, and get this figured out in a hurry without having to get through sales first.

1 Like