2007 XTR Rapid Rise rear derailleur for sale or trade

I actually like rapid rise a lot - it works incredibly well. The biggest problem for me is that one bike has it and the other doesn’t so switching back and forth it’s IMPOSSIBLE to remember which way to shift!

That’s my problem, with 3 bikes, having 1 shift differently messes with my head.

Long cage, good shape, works perfectly, a few cosmetic scratches.

Bought used from ‘o9man’ thinking I could wrap my head around the rapid rise, but too many years of traditional derailleurs keep me from liking it.

Will trade of an LX or XT level or make me an offer.

Looks like this:

Oooh - I wouldn’t go near the XT. I’ve destroyed a boatload of them. LX or XTR is the only way to go!

<blockquote>
If O9Man were here he’d say that he couldn’t destroy it… thus it’s a solid piece of gear.&nbsp; Sorry it didn’t work out for you!&nbsp;
</blockquote><p></p>No worries, guess you can’t treach this old dog new tricks.

If O9Man were here he’d say that he couldn’t destroy it… thus it’s a solid piece of gear. Sorry it didn’t work out for you!

No worries, guess you can’t treach this old dog new tricks.

Oooh - I wouldn’t go near the XT. I’ve destroyed a boatload of them. LX or XTR is the only way to go!

I have no problems with XT stuff, I have an XT derailleur that came on a bike I bought in 1995, lost count of how many different bikes it has been on, it still keeps going.

I hated the rapid rise. i just couldn’t get used to it i guess, although, i must say, it did work good those odd times i remembered to shift opposite to what i wanted to do… or errr http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/3c0c011d16b1a2331385ed97e160a42a.gif...you know what i mean

I actually like rapid rise a lot - it works incredibly well. The biggest problem for me is that one bike has it and the other doesn’t so switching back and forth it’s IMPOSSIBLE to remember which way to shift!