2010 Womens Beginner Mountain Bike Rides

Hey Stacey, looking forward to the ride tonight. If you don’t see me at the store then I’ll be at the trailhead. I’m exhausted today, but I’ll be fine by tonight. Gotta keep the addiction alive! http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/b691cfd07d8181059f8a4b041d534cc4.gif

Good ride tonight at Spider. Challenging at times but good.

Stacey, don’t know if you read the message I sent to you but can’t make the ride tonight due to a meeting. Back at it next week though. You and the ladies have a good ride tonight.

Well it’s going to be a fun time at Spider tomorrow night for the ladies as the Ridegirls of Cyclesmith have changed their ride night to Wednesday because it is suppose to rain Thursday. The more the merrier.

Alrighty ladies. Yes, it’s sorta sprinkling…and could turn to something beginning with an R… but we’re not gonna focus on that! Meet at Sportwheels and we’ll roll out at 630. Gonna be a fun time regardless of the R. :wink:

Count me in. We’re not wimps, are we ladies!!

Had a great time despite the rain. Janet, Kim and I took to the 1st Lake/2nd Lake trails and had a grand old time. Didn’t even feel like it was raining for most of the time. Quite refreshing, actually!

Tune in next week for another great edition of Girls’ Ride!

I agree Stacey, it was a good ride. It was also nice meeting Kim, a new person. I think we’ll see her again.

Okidoki, the weather is not cooperating with us. So, I think it’s time we bribe Jeff’s oh so lovely wife Mel (who’s a bonafide weather expert yay!) for some excellent weather on Wednesday! :slight_smile:

But, in all seriousness, even if the weather doesn’t go our way, we will still prevail. So, rain or shine, we will be leaving from Sportwheels at 630 sharp! No stragglers allowed unless you give me a jingle or text me to let me know you’re on your way aaaand then we’ll make sure we wait for ya! And yes, that DOES include torrential rain, as I’m from Vancouver and so far all we’ve had compared to Vancouver standards is “mist”. :wink:

So, see you all on Wednesday June 30th! Be prepared for pictures…(hee hee) and wear something that’s patriotic and celebrates Canada in preparation for July 1st! I’ll be in my lovely bright yellow, but I’ll figure something out that’s Canada-ee for sure!

I will ask Melissa to petition the weather gods to see if they can convert sackville/beaverbank from a rain forest back to a boreal forest. :slight_smile:

Please pass on our eternal thanks to Melissa! The weather on Wednesday was Purrfect! We had a great time rippin it up at Powder Mill Lake. Thanks again Mel! You’re the best! :slight_smile:

DAY TRIP!!!

When: July 11th
Where: Links (Kentville)
The links is a trail system that beginners and advanced riders will enjoy. It combines mostly smooth single track with short sections of double track, some bridges, and of course some fast descents! A definite must visit trail!

Details:
Meet at Sportwheels 9am. Park in the back parking lot and we’ll carpool to the valley for a day of awesome riding!

Necessities:
You and your bike!
It would be wise to bring extra water, some riding food (gels, energy bars or similar), and some bug dope.

This is a great opportunity to enjoy one of the best trail systems in the province!

This week, I am SO THERE! Ready to ride…I have not ben out yet for fear of having to wear a cast at my own wedding. Now I’m hitched and ready to bruise!

I mean, I’ll be there for the ride on Wednesday. Will not be able to make the ride in Kentville.

Fantastic! We’ll be glad to have you along!

The weather is looking fabu for tonight. YAY! So, bring lots n lots of bug dope, or the lovely citronella candle stuff. For me, I have to start with the heavy metal deet, or I get eaten alive. Swell!! er…somethin! :wink:

We will be haunting one of my favourite trails where we will most likly be out all by our little lonesomes. Just means we can ride at our own pace and not have to worry about gettin’ run over. :slight_smile:

So see all you gal-ee-o’s tonight! I’ll also bring my trusty camera along in case anyone would like an action shot or two taken! :smiley:

I’ll be there Stacey. That would be great to get some pics of our adventures. I know, I missed my opportunity last week riding through the swamp. Let’s see what shenanigans we can get into tonight.

And a good time was had by all!

It was a good ride even though humidity really drains me. I always enjoy the ride out and this one is sweet because of all the downhills on the way out. It was nice to meet some new folks (Kelly and Taran), and I always enjoy rides with Stacey and Barb. I met Taran last year at Sue’s mountain bike clinic in the valley. We women rock!! Stacey even took pictures.

Stacey, where are the photos that you took on our ride?

Just haven’t had a chance to get them sent out. Things have been really busy round my camp in the last few days. I will endeavour to get them out by Wednesday.