Current Trail Conditions

That root is gone? Noooooo!

5 Likes

Can we put it back?

4 Likes

I have no idea who cut it. I would suggest a trail runner maybe. Havenā€™t really seen anyone else out there doing work. I doubt it would be the moto guys bc they donā€™t fix anything.

Is this the challenging root located where Flipside meets the power lines? Across from the entrance to Death March? Itā€™s the only root I can think of that riders might take the time to discuss. Canā€™t imagine a trail runner would take the time to remove it, Iā€™ve never seen one in there doing any maintenance of any sort.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s too bad if itā€™s the root Iā€™m thinking of, it was my white whale! Iā€™ll pour one out for it.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the one. As soon as you get over it there is a short decent.

Or it was the crux of a very challenging climb. The times I cleaned it made me feel very proud.

2 Likes

@Coaster2 Same here. I was unsuccessful most times but when you nail it, you nail it. Probably one of the most challenging pinches to get thru.

2 Likes

Well now, nobody will ever feel that sense of pride again.

3 Likes

That section changed a few times over the years. With the lead up to it changing either growing in or being cutback differently or cross hatches on the root for traction.

Seems like just yesterday folks were up in arms about a collection of rocks on a janky climb at Whopper. Someone rearranged them for easier climbing. Maybe someone can take pictures of their favourite jank so we will have something to remember it by. Iā€™ll see if I can find some of mine.

5 Likes

Jank memorials.

Ok, thatā€™s the last straw. I am quitting mountain bikingā€¦

Who has the final laugh though?

24 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! :joy::muscle::facepunch:

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

I found an old steel pipe in the woods. I can stick it in the ground where the root was, maybe grease it up a little.

9 Likes

ā€¦and then wrap it in an old tireā€¦

9 Likes

Whoā€™s ready for some hero dirt?

4 Likes

:wave: