Allmountain/trail rental

Greetings ECMTBers,.

I’m visiting Halifax for a week (starting today). I couldn’t travel with my bike for technical reasons but would like to rent one. My friend, whoninwill stay with, lives 5 mins away from the McIntosh trails. Would anyone here have a good recommendation for rental places?

Thank you for your help!

Antoine Thisdale
Montreal

1 Like

Hi @Thisdale welcome. Halifax is seriously lacking in the rentals department.

@rossw at IdealBikes used to have some rentals, not sure if they still do.

MEC has a couple Intense demo bikes that they loan out. Might be your best bet.

2 Likes

This is interesting; thank you @Rolls. I figured mec would come up, it seems to be the defacto-place for sports in these parts. I’m a bit surprised at the small size of the mtb community tbh. Its such a great place to ride!

I might post in the event section during the week, see if peoe are riding places.

2 Likes

@Thisdale obviously size is relative but I’d argue we have a pretty good size MTB community here, and several great shops, just not a lot of rentals.

Feel free to post up a ride or check the “Last Minute Rides” thread.

3 Likes

Awesome sauce!

Well thank you for the help guys. Unfortunately, I pretty much called all bicycle stores in the city and apparently no one rents or demo. Very sad.

Shitty.

I think Bike Monkey in Truro- about an hour outside halifax rents bikes- maybe someone in the area could confirm. Probably not ideal for you, but it is a nice day trip, and there’s good riding there at Victoria park

1 Like

Valley Stove and Cycle had some fatbikes for rental. An hour out of Halifax in the Annapolis Valley and great trails there and a group ride happening Wednesday(?) night. Check with them.

1 Like

Tha ks @Drgonzo & @Rockhopper. I’ll see of thats towards where i can go. I walked the mcintosh run today; beautiful trails.

I’ll check of there are work days i can join for some help, it’ll be at least that.

2 Likes

If a Large frame will do, I could rent you my RSD Mayor fatbike, currently running 29x3" Maxxis Minions.

2 Likes

Just saw that Outdoor Elements rents decent bikes out of Sussex. Not sure if you can take em out of province though.

2 Likes