Antigonish makes Keppoch centre of tourism initiative

12 Likes

Well, some good news for sure.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Great news!

1 Like

There is a lot of work to be done for Keppoch to bring in tourism big time, certainly with the Up Coming Wentworth park.

Just my 2 cents but the trails were beat to death this summer IMO.

2 Likes

They absolutely were, I rode them on 26" wheels haha.

2 Likes

Ouch. I used 26“ at the enduro last year and even with the better conditions then it was less than ideal. Still fun, but definitely less so with the baby wheels.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m surprised (pleasantly) at how many people drive from Halifax to Keppoch. I’m a bit of an outlier in that I hate driving to ride and a ride/event has to take longer for me to complete than it does for me to drive to/from. If Wentworth even just matches what Keppoch has I imagine more people turning left at Truro. Important to keep in mind that it isn’t just trails that sell a cycling destination to people. Keppoch has amazing facilities onsite and probably stuff for non cycling family members to check out, whatever that could be.

1 Like

Exactly, it was super rough. Glad I had my suspension refreshed just before hand.

1 Like

I enjoy riding at keppoch, although I hope Antigonish uses some of that money to up their post-ride patio margarita game. So far the Nook and Cranny is the best after riding railyard

3 Likes