Be it resolved that skin-tight spandex has no place in a wor

Ratings must be down!

I have been in Toronto for a week and believe that I have absorbed some of the wisdom and knowledge that is so abundant here in the center of the known universe.
I have struggled with the decision many times. On the road we are expected to be in full kit(anti-kit in my case, easier said that done to make sure that nothing matches). The greater lightness of being in Spandex cannot be matched by baggies. Spandex is lighter, more breathable and much more comfortable on those long mid summer rides. That being said wearing the most holy of materials is a privilige, not a right. There needs to be some sort of by-law to keep this under control, there are

Computer issues,no edit function?

Part 2:

There needs to be some sort of by-law to keep this under control,
there are certain segments of the population(physically fit or
not) that do not do the material justice. My wife has issues with
the material on certain males, just certain ones( bit of a double
standard I think). She has never commented on the wearing of the
material by females.

Baggies…tough, have pockets( no metalic pointy things
please), OK to wear on rides to get grocerys, there are no social
implications to the wearing of these in the general public. I
don’t buy the uncomfortable argument because I have a couple
pairs and they work great, a little sweaty on the hot days. Much
more durable, had a slide on the granite that would have shredded
the spandex and my butt had I been wearing them, my beloved
freeride shorts were barely scuffed. Wife has commented on
baggies also, likes them, someting about the butt.

I think that they are two different tools for two different jobs,
some use them better thah others.

**Thanks to everyone who argued the merits of spandex vs. baggies or vice versa. All the names of our Great Debaters were entered into tonight’s draw and Bignose emerges victorious as the winner of this round! Congratulations Bignose, we’ll be contacting you for information to send out your fabulous Louis Garneau prize!

Stay tuned for more chances to win - tomorrow we’ll be launching the second Louis Garneau Great Debate!**

Repeat : Bicycilng does not require special gear. It is optional.

I rode 110km in Sandals and baggy shorts in +27c weather and didn’t die, and wasn’t uncomforatable :slight_smile:

Congrats buddy. It’s not what you ride, it’s the rider. But now you’ll have cool stuff to ride with anyways.