Besides bikes, what else do you do?

I made the mistake of loading RaspBMC on it out of the box, now it’s hooked up to the TV generally doing boring entertainment stuff (which it does amazingly well for $35) I need to buy a USB hub and then I’ll set up a bit of a local file server. What I’d like to do is turn one in to a controller for my espresso machine, set it up as a PID with some network functions for remote control, just a silly project I’ll probably never get around to. Gotta say though just doing basic things with the Pi has been fun, I can see it as a great tool for kids, although mine wasn’t much interested till it let him watch Red Bull Mountain Bike Chronicles. :stuck_out_tongue: He leaves the SSH to me.

[quote=“roostzombie”]
Paul those cars look like fun! Went to see the endurance race last year at AMP and figure we’ll take in some more local car racing this year, you ever run it locally?[/quote]

We were at the enduro, the car was a black e30 BMW. We have run the Vette a lot at AMP, but have given up, its simply too bumpy and dangerous with that car.

[quote=“roostzombie”]

I made the mistake of loading RaspBMC on it out of the box, now it’s hooked up to the TV generally doing boring entertainment stuff (which it does amazingly well for $35) I need to buy a USB hub and then I’ll set up a bit of a local file server. What I’d like to do is turn one in to a controller for my espresso machine, set it up as a PID with some network functions for remote control, just a silly project I’ll probably never get around to. Gotta say though just doing basic things with the Pi has been fun, I can see it as a great tool for kids, although mine wasn’t much interested till it let him watch Red Bull Mountain Bike Chronicles. :stuck_out_tongue: He leaves the SSH to me.[/quote]

I almost pulled the trigger on a pi yesterday, but the credit card company says I need to wait till next payday :frowning:

Right now I have a PC running XBMCbuntu, but the thing is taking up way too much space.