Best bike/setup for MacRun Fight Trail and Whopper?

As someone who has lifted weights for some odd 26 years getting into it as a athlete for the injury prevention side of it having a father who is a retired university football coach and phys ed teacher plus another familu member who is a physio therapist . Weights most certaimly do help prevent injury. Working as a carpenter for 18 years now ive definitely noticed joint pain is far less when i keep up on weights my knees especially. Its just a matter of gettint a program that works for you and uour activities.

Back to the bike setup thing though definitely keepint my ears open on this thread. Terry definitely knows his stuff

4 Likes

The issue with various forms of “weightlifting” is that a-lot of it is counter intuitive to being a fast aggressive rider. (Functional Athlete)

Terry hit the nail on the head with the Strava Comment IMO. Strava is not racing. Some of the times are 100% impressive and respectable. But its just strictly not a race atmosphere.

Also, there are numerous extremely fast riders who don’t even turn a Garmin on when they ride trails. They just wing it. Wild men.

6 Likes

Terry is exactly right, “best” is a subjective term, and a title given to someone or something that achieved top marks within arbitrary ratings.

What type of riding do you want to do? Where do you want your progress to take you?

1 Like

Fully agree about strava isnt racing either . Its good for personal tracking. Theres also great room for error witin the app. Ive had several rides with others where we all track the ride and it a) doesnt pick up the segment for someone
B) records it wrong

3 Likes

4 Likes

a chance

7 Likes

My thing is to wait for winter and hit the segments that have been turned into a luge track by the fatbikes on my 29er hardtail.

7 Likes

Hellz yeah, who needs those roots and rocks slowin’ ya down. Extra points if you get pissy about being asked to avoid the trail while it’s soft.

3 Likes

You would be pretty stoked to see where fight trail is heading thats for sure. Luge all year long. I just bought a full 1 piece skin suit.

2 Likes

Don’t even get me started on those moving pylons clogging up the segment and screwing my perfect run. I thought we had zwift for a reason.

3 Likes

Would love to see that skin suit flying on the original FT as you claim. The luge is MacIntosh. Enjoy the butter on the way to your jenk.

Hey if we are talking performance gains. It all
Adds up buddy.

1 Like

All about that air flow.

1 Like

I’ve got a Trance 29 and think it’s the perfect bike for HRM. I went from from XC bikes to short travel trail bikes and find the Trance so good that I would have preferred it over my last 27.5 Anthem in a race.

I’m not fast any more, and wouldn’t be much faster on the Trance than my 29 140mm hard tail.