Bikes for Sale Updated 19/05/22

1. 1996 Marinoni SL 48cm $1100

This beautiful handmade in Canada Marinoni SL rides like a dream. The responsive Columbus Brain tubing was hand welded in Montreal by Giuseppe Marinoni himself. More information on Cycles Marinoni can be found here: Giuseppe Marinoni: Steel frames and family heirlooms | Cyclingnews

This bike is a size 48 cm (small) with a recommended rider height between 4’10" and 5’3" (a test ride is recommended).

The frame is in very good condition and has been checked for alignment and there are no dents. The paint is what you would expect from a bike approaching 30 years old. There are several scratches and small surface rust spots. The paint has faded somewhat with time, giving the bike a striking vintage patina.
The singlespeed conversion was performed by a professional mechanic. The handbuilt wheels are Mavic A719 rims laced to Surly Ultra New hubs with DT Swiss double tapered spokes. The bike is rolling on 25mm Continental Grand Prix gumwall tires. The new Tektro brake calipers are controlled by Tektro levers with gum hoods.
The drivetrain is a ACS Paws 17t freewheel, matched with an steel 39t chainring. The FSA Gossamer crankset is turning on a new shimano BB. A new SRAM singlespeed chain keeps everything moving forward.
The cockpit features the original 3T quill stem and Champion 40cm handlebar, wrapped in Specialized S Works Roubaix tape in an eye popping Celeste colour. There is a new Ritchey two bolt seatpost topped with a Brooks B17 Short saddle in brown leather matches both the bike’s size and vintage aesthetic.

This is a one of a kind bike looking for a one of a kind rider.

1. Neo-Retro Specialized Allez 56cm $700
    Do you dream of being the coolest kid at the sunday cafe ride? Perhaps you want to reconnect with your brother and head off together for a hellish race across the rocky mountains. Well here’s your chance. This one of a kind 1993 Specialized Allez neo-retro build is the perfect bike for you (if your ride a 56cm frame).
    Here’s the details;
    Frame: Specialized Direct Drive chromoly tubing. 56cm seat tube, 58cm top tube. Paint is in fair condition, with the typical scratches you would find on a bike nearing 30 years old. There are no obvious dents and the drop outs have been aligned.
    Fork: Specialized Direct Drive aluminium with a 1" threaded steerer.
    Headset: Tange threaded with Profile Design threadless adaptor.
    Drivetrain: SRAM Rival 1 shifters and derailleur. 11-28t cassette. SRAM Force 1 172.5mm carbon crankset with 42T x-sync chainring. KMC X11 nickel/black chain. SRAM GXP BB.
    Brakes: SRAM Rival cable actuated rim brakes with carbon specific brake pads.
    Wheels: rear Easton EC90SL carbon tubular, front HED Stinger 60 carbon tubular.
    Tires: Maxxis Forza 23mm tubular tires. New and freshly taped.
    Cockpit: Pro Stealth saddle. Ritchey Carbon Comp seatpost. Ritchey WCS alloy stem 110mm. Ritchey Superlogic EvoCurve 44cm carbon handlebar. Supacaz oil slick bling bar tape.
    Supacaz bottle cage.
    This bikes weighs a svelte 7.9 kg.
    This bike has been expertly assembled by a professional mechanic. There are many new (chain, BB, brakes, tires, cables and housing) and lightly used parts on this bike. It’s ready to provide you with many hours of riding enjoyment, or just look great hanging on your wall. It’s also the cheapest Allez that you’re likely to find on the used market.

2. DC Douglas Singlespeed Small/Medium $250
    Here’s an early 80s vintage Douglas DC 7000. This bike has been cobbled together by a professional mechanic to bring you a realible bike with plenty of character.
    This bike is a small/medium size (18" top tube, 29.5" standover) with 700c wheels and fast rolling road tires.
    Based on what I could find these bikes were built by a Toronto area frame maker (possibly Nishiki) for Douglas Aircraft Corporation and offered for sale to their employees and Air Canada employees as well. The frame is of lugged construction with Columbus Matrix tubing
    Some might say the paint is scratched and scraped, but in the bike business we call that patina. The frame is solid, with no significant dents or rust. The dropouts have been aligned.
    This bike started out life as a drop bar road bike that I converted to single speed with 39 x 15 gearing. The Bontrager Satellite moustache bar that gives the bike plenty of character and offers a comfortable upright riding position. The Brooks Flyer saddle provides comfort to your posterior while riding on our ramshackle city streets and bike lanes.
    Despite it’s appearance (theft deterrent) this bike is solid and will provide you with plenty of reliable riding. Just imagine how cool it will look in the bike rack of the Good Robot patio.

1. Kink Launch BMX 20.5" $400
    This bike is a lot of fun. Sadly injuries are keeping me off of it. The frame is from Kink with a 20.5" top tube. I’ve replaced most of the components except the wheels, headset, and brakes. The bar, grips, stem, tires, brake pads, crankset, BB, chain, pedals, and fork have all been recently replaced. There’s a few scrapes on the frame, but its in good condition overall. Sadly I’m selling my BMX due to injury. The frame is a Kink Launch with a 20.5" top tube. Most of the components have been recently replaced, including: fork, handlebars, stem, grips, tires, bottom bracket, crankset, pedals, chainring, chain, brake cable and pads, and the seat post.
    Here’s a breakdown of the parts:
    Federal Fork (new)
    Cult Vans grips
    Unknown two piece handlebar (I removed the sticker and forgot the brand) 9.5" rise, 28" width. I think it’s from Shadow or BSD
    Fit Bike Co. Pedals
    Fiction Odin crankset w/Salt 25T chainring
    Fit pedals
    No name railed seat post and a Norco railed saddle.
    Haro front wheel, Alienation rim w/Mission cassette hub rear wheel
    Salt Plus Sting 20" x 2.35" tires
    Mission brake
    Mission integrated headset
    With the exception of a minor paint chips and paint scrape on the bottom of the left chain stay the frame is in very good condition.

8 Likes

That Allez… damn.

3 Likes

I just heard it call your name.

1 Like

I heard it too…
Good thing it’s too small for me.

1 Like

Would love to cruise to the local cafe on that Allez but I doubt any of the locals would appreciate it.

Awesome bikes! That Allez needs to be raced at a crit. It’s only imperfection are the mismatched wheels! :wink:

I might know some folks interested in the Contessa.

Bump up the retro goodness

2 Likes

bump

bump for the bmx