For those who have been on the fence regarding trying out an XC race this year you are in luck. There is now a Citizens’ Class that will allow you a taste of the action, without the commitment to a full race schedule or the pressure to race against the top riders. Here’s more info:
- This is an introductory category to try out provincial mountain bike XC events in the least competitive environment possible;
- Open to all ages & abilities;
- combined male and female;
- It will give an opportunity for people to come out and experience the excellent race courses we have in the province without committing to a competitive category;
- It will be a shorter distance than the Ability Bases Categories,
typically about 45 minutes/one lap of the race course;
- There will be podium for the top 3 finishers at the event, but the
Citizens’ Open will not be tracked in the Nova Scotia Point Series.
- Information regarding events can be found at www.bicycle.ns.ca
- A One-Event Membership at a cost of $25 is needed for insurance
purposes. This cost can be put towards a race license if a participant decides they would like to participate in more events.
- A race plate: $5.00 (one time fee to obtain a plate)
- Race Fee: $30 - of note these race fees are exceedingly low when compared to the average Canadian MTB event.
On the road side, the results will be kept up to date https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuEskI6xiDhzdGdZRG1qSzVBX3lQY0hfckw4anB2UEE#gid=0. They will be update after each event so you can check how you and your fellow riders are doing.