Bonshaw or brookvale?

Just booked a cottage in PEI for a family natal day weekend trip.
Only gonna have one morning for biking. My question is Bonshaw or Brookvale?

Brookvale

7 Likes

I second that motion! Brookvale is a hoot.

6 Likes

Thirded. Bonshaw combined with Strathgartney is great in its own way if you want a challenge, but Brookvale is a must do if you’re on the Island.

3 Likes

Pretty easy to navigate?

Brookvale is mostly stacked loops and the trails are one way. I think you would have to try to get lost there!

2 Likes

It’s pretty straightforward the trails are all packed dirt. The odd segment will have two line options .

Just what i like to hear lol

1 Like

Brookvale hands down!

4 Likes

Heads up, you will be tempted to ditch your family and ride it again the next day.

7 Likes

Rofl… just say GPS took you to a grocery store on the other side of the island

3 Likes

:rofl: i never liked sandspit anyways

2 Likes

I went to PEI to ride for the first time in the fall… we rode Brookvale on saturday, with plans to do something else on sunday. We unanimously chose to ride Brookvale again on sunday. That place is so much fun!

1 Like

Since I’ve never been there I assume a XC FS bike is the bike to ride? Looking forward to hitting it up later this summer.

1 Like

What’s the best trail to ride at Brookvale if you can only rode one, and you’re looking for downhill/super smooth?

Everything green is super smooth and flowy (green machine, coastline).

Everything blue is super smooth and flowy but with more elevation change (blue nuit, surf&turf, plamu).

The black and double black trails are mostly rooty tech like you’d find in most of NS.

@DHRider Plamu is probably the one you’re looking for. But don’t discount the other greens and blues. They’re all a blast.

4 Likes

Brookvale is like nothing else I’ve ridden in the Atlantic region. Full sus? I’m taking a DJ there next time I go! :grin: Other trails are fun, but Brookvale offers what I can’t get anywhere else, so that’s where I go. Again, again, and again.

2 Likes

I rode a hard tail last year there twice. No issues Mind you wasn’t getting air. My knees were pretty gassed after two days of riding though.

Every thing goes well I should be there again July or august

Well, with a week in PEI in august, looks like ya’ll have told me where I’m going!

1 Like