Bowater Fat Bikepacking Overnighter aka: Survival of the Fattest, aka: Fat Wreck, aka Fat and Furious Bowater Drifts

I’ll go to RQ and get an immersion heater put on my 638. This party is gonna be lit!

1 Like

Dibs on the last fire piquet shift. I used to love being the first one up because it meant I could get my breakfast and coffee going. And avoided 0200-0400hrs.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great time, btw! Have fun!

You get that fat bike yet? You can do the range card if you come.

1 Like

Nah, maybe I’ll Ranger style a way in and take care of the all around defense. You put in a QM request for trip flares and claymores?

2 Likes

The ammo tech was on leave when I cleared out so I still have all my demo and pyro.

1 Like

If anyone is interested in the ride but can’t camp out, you are more than welcome to ride out and join us around the fire for a bit.

3 Likes

This thread is almost as awesome as watching a TV show, cant wait to hear about it!!

How did this go? I hope the lack of news doesn’t mean things got all Lord of the Flies out there!

We moved it to this coming weekend due to availability. But with the rain and warm temps all this week it may have to be delayed again.

3 Likes

Evergreen update for every winter event ever.

Let’s go with the Special Ops approach and just say “train hard, attend to your affairs, have your shit packed and be ready to deploy at a moment’s notice!”

To that effect I have a 2 ltr bag of wine, a zippo and storm chips tucked into my long range Camelbak so I’m fully packed.

8 Likes

Just the essentials!

1 Like

In my experience that leads to a 0200 bug out, delivering a warning order to the boys at 0400, rijigging kit, more orders, then getting stood down at 1800 lol.

1 Like

Ok, noted, I’ll bring 4 ltrs.

2 Likes

Don’t forget your Alan Parsons cassettes, just in case you wanna wake the troops at 2am.

1 Like

It’s funny you say that but we’ve used Skinny Puppy against captured demo platoon members.

Ah, the good old days. Pull pole @0100hrs…hey sarge, it’s 0230 why the fuck am I lying in this snowbank and not moving to the next objective?

2 Likes

I completed a route recce this morning. Hiking Trail Rd. is blown out. Its loose snow with no set track. I took me an hour to go from the overpass to the hiking trail parking lot, in 4 low.

Pipeline Trail Rd. is more traveled and packed in better. So, I shifted the campsite to another spot I know off of Pipeline Rd., north of Scout Island.

Its kinda looking like its a solo effort, but if anyone is interested in riding out to the camp on Friday night I’ll have a fire on, its BYOB of course.

I’ll update the original post with the new camp location and route shortly.

If anyone wants to ride out and sit around the fire the campsite is about 15 minutes past the Boreal Line trail head.

It was cold last night. I woke up last night after a few hours sleep shivering hard. Since I was out solo I wasn’t taking the risk of going back to sleep. I packed up and rode out in the middle of the night. A warmer tent is needed.

15 Likes

Fack! Nice attempt though, Craig!

2 Likes