Brunello Tour - July 11th

Interesting.

**All fees are plus local tax
So really it’s $5.75 for your first hour for non Brunello residents.

It’s hard to say what the 10X and 20X passes do, is that visits or hours?

I do appreciate that they have contributed to the legal mtb trails in HRM but man it’s just feels smarmy, with this big fee structure and then adding tax on top. Just charge $5 tax in and let people ride for as long as they want. I’d wager that at this stage most won’t go much past an hour anyway.

5 Likes

They live in the golf world where big fee schedules are the norm. That’s gotta be the mindset they are in.

Pay for play biking is new to them, and except for Gore, new to this entire region, so hopefully they’ll simplify the fees eventually. And remove the time restrictions…seems a bit petty. Not like folks are gonna camp out there all day, and even if they did so what, they’d just buy more beer at the clubhouse.

7 Likes

I have heard mountain biking being called the generation X equivalent of golfing. It just got 2 steps closer I guess.

When I was younger I used to ride a golf course from time to time. Some cool hips around the greens and tees, some fun shapes to jump around sand traps and cart paths too. It was also fun to stick it to the pretentious golf attitude to leave tire tracks in the sand traps.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine they’ll police the amount of time people are on the trails too closely. That seems like a ridiculous waste of time for an employee to be at the trail head clocking people in and out.

5 Likes