Caution on Hog's Back at The Range

I’ve tacked this on to the old thread about “Who owns a trail” but want to have a notice here as well since the trail is somewhat dangerous now.

Most notable are the appearance of two new jumps.

The first one is brand new and on the straight section of the ridge, it isn’t that large, but given the drops on each side of the ridge, it is intimidating. It is possible to roll it, but the way that it has been built leaves a wheel trap on the other side which sucks. A nice medium speed will give you a level launch and place you in the centre of the trail for landing. It would be prudent to roll/walk it first to get a feel for it. I want to build on a back half for those that want to roll this, as it’s currently lousy for anyone that doesn’t want to get air.

The second jump is a replacement for a jump that previously existed. It links the first and second berms in the lower section. It looks like an absolute monster on approach, with the elevation appearing to be over three feet due to the contour of the trail. It is closer to 18" in elevation in reality. This one is much more dangerous, as it points you off of the ridge for the launch, and with too much speed, you’ll be in big trouble. Again, a medium speed, keeping to the right side on takeoff, will set you up for the next berm. I really dislike the construction on this one and there’s lots of potential for bad things to happen here. Please walk this one first! I crashed by being too far left the first time and wasn’t able to keep it on the trail when I landed. When I came off the bike I slid several feet down the side of the hill, I wasn’t going fast at all. This badly needs to be made roll-able, or someone is going to get seriously hurt.

I’m annoyed that the builders/modifiers think that it’s alright to make a trail unrideable if you don’t want to get air. I’m taking in a shovel and adding back half to each jump so they can be rolled by everyone at some point.