Discuss future development of trails at Long Lake

3 Likes

If someone who is going wants to throw my talking point in the mix that’d be sweet; “gaps. More gaps. Gaaaaaaaap…s”

3 Likes

Lolz.

2 Likes

Might make a trip to the city for this and get a ride in as well.

3 Likes

Is ole Flappy Gums still around?

No, there is a whole new association and they didn’t invite any of the crazy people(which explains all of the development in there) . Martin Willison is still there though, he sent me an email asking if I wanted to show up for this. The irony is that if I do come to town I’ll probably hit up fight trail.

Anything come of this meeting?

1 Like

I heard it went pretty well. The MTB Atlantic or whatever it is did a presentation. Hopefully the old xc stuff can someday be refurbished and made a little less erosion prone.

2 Likes

I don’t know of any MTB Atlantic official stance on anything in HRM like this. The organization is just forming and is still under Friends of Fundy umbrella.

Could it have been a presentation by Long Lake Privincial Park Association?

I think MTB Halifax had Marc Pike and maybe Mark Gentile but as far as I know they were not planning to speak.

MBH is currently working with the province to see if the other side of the lake can be developed.

This meeting by LLPA was out of the blue. I’m guessing it was sparked by something.

Yeah, it was mountain bike halifax. Not sure what transpired.

I think they are just trying to gauge interest and gather feedback on the direction of the park.

1 Like