Do you want to try the AME Heated MTB Grips?

Last Saturday night Rockhopper and I went to Spider Lake for a ride. Unfortunately, I forgot my winter riding gloves; but fortunately, I had my regular riding gloves and the heated grips. This was the first time I was able to try them out and they were … wait for it … AMAZING! I think I had them on setting three or four to start and they did a great job of keeping my hands warm. Once I warmed up after riding for a bit, I turned them off. I would like to see how they perform in even colder temperatures but am pretty sure they wouldn’t disappoint. I seem to be able to dress appropriately for the conditions so my body and feet don’t get cold, but my hands do. This is great and I really appreciate Troy loaning them to me to try. I may have to purchase a set in the future. Hey RH, my birthday is coming up in October (wink, wink).

If you do, let me know and I will try to get them to you asap.
There is a catch.
You will have to write a review for them when you are finished.

Troy-did you get a chance to try the heated road grips as well? I’m keen to try those (if you have them?)

They have not arrived yet Jim.

Maybe they are due to arrive in July?.. just when we need them :wink: Take care!!

CyclingGirl always has cold hands for a long time into a ride. We were just talking about getting some heated grips for her after our last ride.

CyclingGirl always has cold hands for a long time into a ride. We were just talking about getting some heated grips for her after our last ride.
You are welcome to try these to help with the decision of the purchase.

Troy, I would deflnitely like to try the heated grips. As RH said, we were just talking about that last week so your timing is great. I hope we are not too late to try them in cold weather as the temperature has warmed up. I certainly don’t mind writing a review after using them either. PM me and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Numb Hands a.k.a. CyclingGirl

I have found that they work great in any temperature. There are six different heat settings to choose from.
With a damp looking Spring looming they may be just what your fingers are craving.

I was going to ask where to get a pair. Commuting can be a buggar on the hands during the winter. Got the bulkiest gloves I can ride with, and still getting cold sometimes. Welcoming this heatwave we have going on…

All the LBS’s have been notified and hopefully they will soon start stocking some of these.
You can contact AME direct and mention that you are a friend of PedalTrout and you may get a discount.
jsvenson@griposusa.com

@Rally_Kia - Look at the MEC lobster claw gloves. They’re disturblingly warm.

I have a Half-pair of them… not real great. I need something windproof, methinks. Ah weel. Tis a’most summer.

yeha windproof is the key I find

if you can keep the wind off your hands you really need minimal bulk