Dream bikes

Arg, I’ve been drooling over a Rivendell Hunqapillar ALL WEEK.

What’s your dream bike? I am currently lusting over 2:

-Kona Hei Hei Supreme (I’ve had a hard on for this bike in its various forms for a LOOOOOONNNNG time.)
-Ellsworth Evolve - 29ers on a very sexy package

The Santa Cruz Blur LTc is purty, too.

Share your lusts. Please and thanks (please keep them bike related!)

I really like the GaryFisher Superfly 100. It looks faster than Lorge.

I love the trek 9.9 carbon dualies top fule or fuel ex

Any big Banshee hardtail with stupid-sick components.

I dream in single speed

Frame Misfit Dissent FE or Niner One9 (both 29er frames)
Fork 80mm Fox F29
MiddleBurn Issis cranks with Crank Bros BB
Avid Elixer Cr brakes
Thomson Stem and seatpost
Truvativ Stylo SS flat bar
Ergon grips
Hope Hubs with DT Swiss rims
Full stock of tires for any condition, small block 8s, Racing Ralphs, and crossmarks
WTB Devo saddle with ti rails
Gearing of 32 x 20 with spare cogs ranging from 17t to 22t

I think about this alot

2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR. It rides like a dream!

I wasn’t keen on the rocker link suspension design Specialized went with for the last couple of years, although I really like the black paint jobs on this year’s Stumpies.

I don’t think I have a dream bike, but you can never have too many. I wouldn’t mind adding a play bike (dj/park) to the stable to play around with while trails are wet. A rugged bike like a Santa Cruz Nomad would be cool.

I wasn't keen on the rocker link suspension design Specialized went with for the last couple of years, although I really like the black paint jobs on this year's Stumpies.

I don't think I have a dream bike, but you can never have too many. I wouldn't mind adding a play bike (dj/park) to the stable to play around with while trails are wet. A rugged bike like a Santa Cruz Nomad would be cool.

Don't knock it till you try it…

I wasn’t keen on the rocker link suspension design Specialized went with for the last couple of years, although I really like the black paint jobs on this year’s Stumpies.

Don’t knock it till you try it…

Haven’t tried the 2008 or 2009 design. Guessing due to the short rocker, that they ride on the ‘firm’ side, which is OK if you like that sort of thing (e.g. racers). On the other hand, I think long rockers (e.g. some Ellsworth and Kona designs) look ugly.

I’m big on Specialized suspension, tho. I ride an '07 Stumpy, and before that rode an '05 Enduro, and '01 Rockhopper FSR.

Surly Karate Monkey, and Surly Pacer.

I just got an LHT and one could say I drank the Surly-ade.

since i already have my dream mtb, i dream in 5 speeds for the road:

since i already have my dream mtb, i dream in 5 speeds for the road:

http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/e0d11e7836fff1c3af800e7ac608638c.jpg

Thanks, now I want one now!!

I’d love to get my hands on a new Turner 5 Spot

I think I almost really have my dream bike. It’s morphing into it more every day… All I would really love to have on it are sealed hubs and a new X-5 or X-7 on the rear. And a slightly narrower BB.

2008 Devinci Cameleon 2 frame
Ameoba stem
No Name riser bar
Stylos cranks
No big ring, added bashguard
Sram X-5 at both ends
Sram 8 spd chain
Sram cassette
Alex DM-24 rims
Rear Cinder in 2.25, front Kinetic in 2.6
BB5’s front and back with Avid levers
Sram X-5 shifters
Gigapipe BB
Cheap tubes
Selle Italia saddle with the butt hole in to it
Ritchey seatpost
Truvativ Holzfellar pedals
Nashbar rigid chromoly suspension-corrected fork
Cane Creek headset
Poopy cables
2 bottle cages
GPS bar mount

you said dream? one that doesn’t rely on a derailer to change gears. preferably round wheels with brakes to stop me. it’s got to have six inches of travel front and rear. it should weigh about twenty pounds and take a beating(lol), and the pivots should last longer than a year without having to change bearings and or bushings. i also want it in race car red or drab olive green with black parts.

I’m not going big here, I’m currently upgrading my Specialized Rockhopper Comp and would love to get my hands on a nice Fox fork, not going to happen but I can dream. I love hardtails.

Jason, you can’t beat a sweet hardtail. I have a rigid fork on mine, and it is so pure and refreshing.

I would like a Pugsley, if I had a choice.

I’m not going big here, I’m currently upgrading my Specialized Rockhopper Comp and would love to get my hands on a nice Fox fork, not going to happen but I can dream. I love hardtails.
Keep your eye on Ebay and Pinkbike. You can find some decent deals on used Fox forks there.

pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?q … p;region=3