Duck 'n Run @McIntosh Run. Update and account

I always understood “trail elf” to refer to a mythical creature who built unsanctioned trails in secrecy and wished to remain anonymous.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s that but people also refer to the magically repaired or cleaned up sections of trail as having been done by ‘trail elves’.

2 Likes

Call me what you like, just don’t call me late for dinner.

I post progress at Whooper to keep people informed and to try entice more to get out and ride and see the improvements or changes.

Trail Gnomes is a popular tag.

5 Likes

Words fail to adequately describe the awesomeness of what has been accomplished at MRW. The MRWA folks are miracle workers - so many amazing accomplishments. Thanks MRWA’ers!!

4 Likes

I think the terms are:

• Trail Association (and individuals within): responsible for establishing priorities, planning, fiducial and liability issues, interacting with landowners and other stakeholder groups, as pertaining to a trail system. Must have open elected leadership structure. Not synonomous with “group who rides and drinks beer together”. Partial overlap may in some cases occur but is not organizing principle.

• Trail builder: Moves rocks, dirt, lumber etc to build and maintain trails under priorities set by the above Association, and within limitations set by terrain and personal ability. May or may not drink beer.

I submit the above as my terminological proposal. :grin:

11 Likes

We had a great group on that last day with you, @JBrownlie, Kim, Peter, Kaarin, Woody and me! You’ve contributed for years.

I was pretty damn skeptical a year ago too. lol

5 Likes

Not much I can say that hasn’t already been said. I’m proud and privileged to have had a small part as a Trail Builder, and look forward to doing more when I can. Happy to act as a educator and trail steward under your guidance and education. :hugs:

7 Likes

Can someone tell me what the status is on duck n run? Theres been signs saying its closed until further notice every time ive been there so far. I apologize if its already been asked. Cant seem to find any info on it.

1 Like

I believe it’s just due to some little trail fixes and the fact that the trail has not been officially open. But do not hesitate to ride it.

3 Likes

MRWA can’t officially open DnR until paperwork for the bridge is completed, so the signs are still up. I expect we’ll be able to take them down very soon…

4 Likes

The signs are now down and the trail is officially open!

13 Likes

Congratulations to all the volunteers and staff that worked on the trail. It’s a beaut!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to ride this now that it’s finally opened up :joy::rofl:
Great job to all that were involved :muscle:

2 Likes