ECMTB Christmas Party

Hey, come join us for a Christmas get together!

Cold beer, good food perhaps some old school mtb bike movies. What you want more, how about trail elves, tall tales and a few year end awards. And rumour has it the old grinch himself will be there. - @darkmyth, just now.

When: 7pm, 17 Dec 2019
Where: Old Port Pub, Burnside

• Yes, I’ll be there!
  • Sorry, can’t make it.
  • Maybe, let me check my daily planner…
0 voters

Cold beer, good food perhaps some old school mtb bike movies. What more do you want, how about trail elves, tall tales and a few year end awards. And rumour has it the old grinch himself will be there.

8 Likes

Sounds like fun, wish I could make it.

I’m scheduled for surgery that day, finally getting the extra fragments pulled out of my elbow. If I can make it, I’ll be there, but obviously somewhat unable to commit at this time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How old school are the movies? VHS?

4 Likes

902 Bike. I’m starting the rumour.

@IanM_MTB good luck, hopefully you’re not out of commission too long.

2 Likes

Wish I could be there but I leaving for that tropical destination of Winnipeg for the next 4 months.

5 Likes

Velofix will be there! Nothing better than beer and MTB movies!

5 Likes

I have access to a VHS machine if you have some videos.

Was hoping to attend but looking at the forecast for work, looks like BS with a huge possibility of traveling to Montreal.

1 Like

I think we can make it.

5 Likes

Had some. Basement flooded last year so everything went into a dumpster. Tread: The Movie would have been a fun, odd one to watch.

1 Like

I have a copy of tread on vhs!

2 Likes

I have a copy of the inaugural world championship on VHS. Not quite Redbull style production.

1 Like

It would be cool to compare that to a modern one. Maybe the one the guy won in the rain with a blown out rear tire.

The unofficial one in the US or the official UCI one?

I’m not sure. It had the intro with he funky song, welcome to Durango. I will check when I get home tonight.

That would be the official world championship. I had a VHS of the unofficial world championship held the year before in Mammoth Mountain.

Had this on VHS. https://youtu.be/2vz7F5PlIxU

1 Like