ECMTB Fitz Camp-n-Ride 2019 - 6th Annual

Why stop at 5 times? The Fitz Camp-n-ride is too much fun to stop.

Where: Fitzpatrick Mountain, Scotsburn
When: 1pm
Difficulty: Intermediate to Enthusiastic Beginner

Notes:

Ride Fitzpatrick Mountain: 1pm until supper.

I have found a route that includes climbing on a fire road and still allows us to hit the sweet downs.

I’d consider doing a ride for kids in the morning if there is interest. Maybe drop us off at windmills or near cell tower and ride down from there. It would be a bring-your-own-kid type thing.

The trails are rough though if you have never been there.

Let me know what you think, like always, I’ll be there that’s for sure. – Cheers!

Birchwood Campground
It’s a nice family friendly campground.
10k rails to trails ride from Fitzpatrick.
Covered community eating area.
Swimming pool and Pirate Ship for the kids

PS: Anitra is perpetually adamant that she ain’t cookin’ for y’all, but maybe I can throw a hot dog on the grill for you!

PPS: Feel free to do a day trip and join us on the hill if you don’t feel like camping.

Highlights in the area:
Uncle Leo’s Fine Ale - Pictou (just minutes from Birchwood, brewery only not a pub though)

Pictou County Pizza from Acropole Pizza in Pictou

Smith Rock Chalets - If you don’t feel like camping, get a cabin right on the hill.

There are awesome beaches in the area too. Caribou Provincial park is a nice family campground as well.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

In 100% , my favorite place to ride so far! The cape to cape and then down and back is a great section of trail as well. @Mattcasey303 you in?

1 Like

2 weeks to go, Woot!

1 Like

Going to have to miss it this year. :sob:

Unless im doing CML Ill be there.

1 Like

Some pictures from over the years:

A couple I had from 2018…

5 Likes

Thanks @rolls, I was looking for that one.

Love that little bench. Nice spot to have a break. Now the trail next to it (Blowdown) as a climb not so much !

Tent site is booked for both Friday and Saturday night. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Just about a week to go! :grin:

1 Like

@rmacgregor9 is in so he can heckle me and get me to do things that scare me.

4 Likes

It will be a fun time, I am sure of that.

Probably can’t make the camping, but would like to join the ride. Do you have a ride start time planned or is it a go when everyone is ready ride?

1pm at the ball field in Scottsburn.

The camping is optional.

Guess if I scrolled to the top and read the original post I would have seen that! Hope to see you there

1 Like

Many people come just for the ride portion.

We usually ride until around supper time, doing runs up and down the hill. Climb fire road and then rip down one of the trails.

I usually invite everyone out to the campground for a sausage and beer afterwards. The evening is fun too with beers and sometimes guitars coming out too.

2 Likes

I work on Saturday and hope to be able to leave earlyish. I hope to be able to meet up for the ride, but if not, will get a ride in on Sunday.

1 Like

Campsite booked…woo hoo!

3 Likes