ECMTB Group Snowshoe - Feb 1/22

Given the amount of snow we just received, this week will be a snowshoe party instead of a ride. Everyone welcome…the more traffic the trails get the sooner they will be rideable!

Where: Norawarren/West Pine - meet at the Norawarren trail head
Difficulty: Novice

Notes: requires lights and snowshoes

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

3 Likes

I would like to attend but I don’t have snowshoes. Probably a long shot but any have a set they would be willing to loan out?

I don’t have a pair on offer, but I know the Needham Community Centre in the past (not sure if Covid has changed it) has offered free snowshoe rentals. So if you’re interested, a quick call to Needham (or your closest HRM community center) might be worth it.

1 Like

Just dropped this in the North End Runner chat app, I will be out and you might see a few others tag up to lay these tracks down

5 Likes

Here is a list of places that rent or loan snowshoes, from a friend in Community Health.

Halifax-Find-Snowshoes-Guide-NS-2022.pdf (241.4 KB)

Called a few places this morning:
-Spryfield Community Centre - not available yet
-Chocolate Lake CC - 6 adult in stock
-Needham CC - in stock
For Community Centre loans, need id for them to photocopy. Loan up to 3 days. Need rec centre sign up but only takes a couple mins to put your info in the system and it’s free!

See everyone tonight!

11 Likes

Shameless plug, but I have one last set of kids’ snowshoes available for children up to 120 lbs. $75.

Put your spawn to work, stomping trails for bikes.

5 Likes

If you dangle a Robux card on a fishing pole its like they have unlimited endurance.

1 Like

Didn’t need to. Sold!

1 Like