ECMTB Weekly Group Ride - Oct 22/19

Let’s hammer out some kms at Shubie Park this week.

Where: Shubie Park - meet at the end of Shubie Dr. in Dartmouth Crossing
When: Tues Oct 22 @ 7pm
Difficulty: Beginner friendly trails at an intermediate pace and distance.

Notes: Lights are required

• Yes, see you there!
  • No, wish I could.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

What are the hills like at Shubie? Not sure I’m ready for deep breaths…

Nothing crazy. It’s more like rolling terrain than hills. You can take them at your own speed. It’s all crusher dust with just a few short singletrack segments.

Hi I would like to come along for the first time tomorrow, hope that’s OK. Mark

4 Likes

Always ok, @Mark_Sansom!

Hey, @Mark_Sansom. Did I see you at Nine Mile River Trail on Sunday?

Hey @Rolls, never done a Shubie group ride, I live a short distance from micmac mall (south entrance of Shubie) where I intend to start from. Is there any particular area you tend to stick to in Shubie?. Pending success of kids bed time routine i’m going to make every effort to ride up to your start point for 7:00. … otherwise I’ll just catch up in the park

Hi TJ, we were thinking about heading north along lake Charles to the far end of the park and beyond. It’s usually after 7 before we get rolling anyway so you shouldn’t have any trouble catching us.

1 Like

Be aware the singletrack saboteur is still active in the park, placing branches across the trail and decent sized rocks in the trail, found one recently that had shit underneath it.

Thanks Brent.

Not me sorry

Oh, OK. Saw a couple of bikers at Nine Mile River who didn’t know about ECMTB, so I let them know. Wondered if you might have been one of them. Hope you enjoyed the Tuesday ride.

1 Like