ECMTB Weekly Ride - 21 Feb 2017

Let’s take a chance an try to ride Wrandees tomorrow. The temps should drop to -5c by ride time so let’s hope it is not too soft or boot bombed by then.

Where: Wrandees, Exhibition Park Entrance
When: 7pm
Difficulty: intermediate

Notes: Requires lights, dress warmly

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and emergency contact filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

1 Like

Will be latish perhaps.

I spent the afternoon in there, Pipeline Loop is in pretty good shape, although has been boot-bombed a bit. Also poop-bombed in a couple of places. The creeks are also trying to reclaim their dominance over the snow. I attempted a counter-clockwise loop of Rose Bowl, but got turned back due to boot-bombing / insufficient stomping. It was very soft on that side, as it was directly in the sun. I did some hole-filling and hopefully the few runs I made over it will have smoothed it out and packed it down a little more.

I tried to explore a couple of other places, but it was a slog to try to get through, needs more packing. Maybe a snowshoe trip tomorrow. Saw about 10 people in there today without snowshoes.

2 Likes

That was a good one, conditions were great. And nice to meet you @EMat.

1 Like

Thanks for the ride guys, I had a blast and it was nice to meet you all.
I really have to make an effort to get out on more group rides this year. I forgot how much fun it is riding with a group.

4 Likes

Any time! I’m always looking for riding partners. Not nearly as much fun to go out by your self.